JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   The Forbidden Kingdom (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/14459-forbidden-kingdom.html)

ivi0nk3y 04-06-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eiri (Post 449330)
but thats what he said when he did that other movie...what was it called..fearless? or something...I cant remember...

No. He said 'Fearless' was his last "epic" action movie, where he would portray a hero from Chinese history.

noodle 04-06-2008 02:41 PM

I saw a trailer for this and liked it. I like these type of fantasy movies even if there is a lot of CGI and strings... I've never once had a problem with actors using strings etc, cos if I wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC or something. lol.

ivi0nk3y 04-06-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 450488)
I saw a trailer for this and liked it. I like these type of fantasy movies even if there is a lot of CGI and strings... I've never once had a problem with actors using strings etc, cos if I wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC or something. lol.

Eh. Kung Fu actors such as Jackie Chan are renowned for doing their "own" stunts. So yea, their fans want to go watch them for that, not CGI.
Guess it depends on your orientation.

noodle 04-06-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y (Post 450683)
Eh. Kung Fu actors such as Jackie Chan are renowned for doing their "own" stunts. So yea, their fans want to go watch them for that, not CGI.
Guess it depends on your orientation.

That's not what I meant! Many people complain about films like crouching tiger hidden dragon for its "unrealisticness", but for me, I enjoyed the film even though people were flying around the whole time.
Many people also bash Jet Li for using wires, but I don't understand why! Thus me saying, if I really wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC.

ivi0nk3y 04-06-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 451223)
That's not what I meant! Many people complain about films like crouching tiger hidden dragon for its "unrealisticness", but for me, I enjoyed the film even though people were flying around the whole time.
Many people also bash Jet Li for using wires, but I don't understand why! Thus me saying, if I really wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC.

Ah, well I understand now. I don't mind those movies that use wires either, most of the time.
Hero is one of my favourite movies. Such a beautiful film even though it uses wires for its stunts. If it didn't, the movie wouldn't be the same.

pumpum 04-06-2008 11:53 PM

i love jackie chan but i never really liked jet li ! nor his films

Slykaz1 04-07-2008 01:40 PM

Certain types of movies should have the "wires" If they portray flight how will they achieve it? Humans aren't birds....:D And like you say the movie wouldn't have that same effect on us if it hadn't.

OMG! when they do their own stunts and show some of the crashes and busts that happen in the making of that perfect move....I get all squirmish and think my bones hurt from just watching that.:D

zoneoni 04-07-2008 01:46 PM

This movie is goinG TO ROOCK!!! It's like insane. THE LEGEND JACKIE CHAN. and the OTHER LEGEND JET LI! TWO LEGENDS, ROFL! That's going to be insane. Like really insane.

Yeah I mean poor jackie chan can't do his old usual stunts, that's just well skataganaiyona(cant be helped) poor guy. Still it's JACKIE CHAN! I remeber I saw a clip of him doing a really insane stunt, like he was in the air fifty feet up and he was trying to jump from one side of the wall to the other but failed and fell and almost died....still this movie is gonna ROCK!.

auran 04-10-2008 11:06 PM

The Forbidden Kingdom

its a chinese movie i think but come on it has Jackie Chan and Jet Li

im so anxious to see it who else wants to see it

Miyavifan 04-11-2008 12:52 AM

I do. I saw an ad for it on the side of a city bus, of all places.