LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-06-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
but thats what he said when he did that other movie...what was it called..fearless? or something...I cant remember...
No. He said 'Fearless' was his last "epic" action movie, where he would portray a hero from Chinese history.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#22 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-06-2008, 02:41 PM

I saw a trailer for this and liked it. I like these type of fantasy movies even if there is a lot of CGI and strings... I've never once had a problem with actors using strings etc, cos if I wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC or something. lol.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I saw a trailer for this and liked it. I like these type of fantasy movies even if there is a lot of CGI and strings... I've never once had a problem with actors using strings etc, cos if I wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC or something. lol.
Eh. Kung Fu actors such as Jackie Chan are renowned for doing their "own" stunts. So yea, their fans want to go watch them for that, not CGI.
Guess it depends on your orientation.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#24 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Eh. Kung Fu actors such as Jackie Chan are renowned for doing their "own" stunts. So yea, their fans want to go watch them for that, not CGI.
Guess it depends on your orientation.
That's not what I meant! Many people complain about films like crouching tiger hidden dragon for its "unrealisticness", but for me, I enjoyed the film even though people were flying around the whole time.
Many people also bash Jet Li for using wires, but I don't understand why! Thus me saying, if I really wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-06-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
That's not what I meant! Many people complain about films like crouching tiger hidden dragon for its "unrealisticness", but for me, I enjoyed the film even though people were flying around the whole time.
Many people also bash Jet Li for using wires, but I don't understand why! Thus me saying, if I really wanted to see an authentic fight, I'd go to UFC.
Ah, well I understand now. I don't mind those movies that use wires either, most of the time.
Hero is one of my favourite movies. Such a beautiful film even though it uses wires for its stunts. If it didn't, the movie wouldn't be the same.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#26 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-06-2008, 11:53 PM

i love jackie chan but i never really liked jet li ! nor his films

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
04-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Certain types of movies should have the "wires" If they portray flight how will they achieve it? Humans aren't birds.... And like you say the movie wouldn't have that same effect on us if it hadn't.

OMG! when they do their own stunts and show some of the crashes and busts that happen in the making of that perfect move....I get all squirmish and think my bones hurt from just watching that.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#28 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

04-07-2008, 01:46 PM

This movie is goinG TO ROOCK!!! It's like insane. THE LEGEND JACKIE CHAN. and the OTHER LEGEND JET LI! TWO LEGENDS, ROFL! That's going to be insane. Like really insane.

Yeah I mean poor jackie chan can't do his old usual stunts, that's just well skataganaiyona(cant be helped) poor guy. Still it's JACKIE CHAN! I remeber I saw a clip of him doing a really insane stunt, like he was in the air fifty feet up and he was trying to jump from one side of the wall to the other but failed and fell and almost died....still this movie is gonna ROCK!.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
The Forbidden Kingdom - 04-10-2008, 11:06 PM

its a chinese movie i think but come on it has Jackie Chan and Jet Li

im so anxious to see it who else wants to see it

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

04-11-2008, 12:52 AM

I do. I saw an ad for it on the side of a city bus, of all places.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....