LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-14-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Yeah, it comes out on Thailand on the 18th. I am going to go see it that day. I have been waiting for it. I bet I am the first one on the forum to see it. LOL, I always am with these movies! I can't wait.

I don't think the CGI is an issue. Actually, both Jet Li and Jackie Chan have used strings and stuff before. It is common in Kung Fu movies. I don't think it will matter. I appreciate a good movie, and always for different reasons. Ong Bak used no strings and no stunt men, it was all 100% Tony Jaa. Same in Chocolate with Jija. And you can appreciate it for that when you know you are watching one hard core bastard doing incredibly stupid things. But using strings, you just have to be watching something else. This movie looks like it has a great story, so on that level it should be good.

As for Jet Li retiring. You sure? No one thought Stallone could do Rocky or Rambo again, but he did. Kung Fu is a bit different, and obviously he would have to focus on different aspects than the amazing physical gymnastic style, but if he retires he may still make a movie one day when he gets bored. You never know. I hope he does make more movies.
I don't ever want them to retire either, especially Jackie. They're old though and Rocky 6 was boxing afterall, much different from the athletic kung fu that these stars do, like you said.
When I say no wires, I mean movies like Drunken Master which are all to do with the kung fu artists own stunts. Jackie was great with that.
I preferred Hero more for how artistic it was rather than its kung fu-ness.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#42 (permalink))
Old
khikarugal (Offline)
JF Regular

04-15-2008, 06:34 PM

I want to watch this one...^^
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
04-21-2008, 07:30 PM

ANybody see it yet? Opinions about it.....please....

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0