JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
AmbeRz (Offline)
(^_^)V

Send a message via MSN to AmbeRz
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM

Human life is more important...animals can't find cures for cancer or provide shelter to people...I wouldn't say animal and human life are of the same value.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Ariana (Offline)
VAMPIRE LOVER

Send a message via MSN to Ariana Send a message via Yahoo to Ariana
04-22-2008, 03:36 PM

I ALSO HATE IT WHEN ANIMALS ARE MISTREATED!!
IT MAKES ME SOO MAD. WHEN I SEE STUFF LIKE THAT, IT REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO HAVE A DEATH NOTE AND PUT THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE IN IT!!
HUMANS ARE PROTECTED BY HUMANS, BUT NOT MANY PEOPLE PROTECT ANIMALS!!! THEY SUFFER SO MUCH....IT JUST MAKES ME MAD.

LOVE TO LIVE AND LIVE TO LOVE!:  
MOM= EIRI
LITTLE SISTER= BUBBLES15
TWIN= MARICRUZ

LITTLE BROTHER=SHEPIRUS

~+MeMbEr Of ThE vAmPiRe ClAn+~

~ MeMbEr Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb ~

MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN

CODENAME: TIFA

(#43 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-23-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Example. If you had to rescue your baby and a pet from a burning building and could only save one of them, who would you go for?
Baby no doubt !!

i guess you have a point - well maybe what im trying to say then - is that sentences handed out to animal abusers are way too lenient !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#44 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-23-2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
Baby no doubt !!

i guess you have a point - well maybe what im trying to say then - is that sentences handed out to animal abusers are way too lenient !
Yea perhaps they are too lenient. You'd have to start up a whole new system to deal with such cases though, probably called "Animal Criminality". Then eventually you'd have shows like "CSI-Sahara" or something, fictionally telling you how those people deal with those cases in different parts of the Animal world.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#45 (permalink))
Old
AmbeRz (Offline)
(^_^)V

Send a message via MSN to AmbeRz
05-02-2008, 04:50 PM

You all heard about this? =(

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Woman starved dog to death
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Kiyuge (Offline)
o(≧ω≦)o

Send a message via AIM to Kiyuge Send a message via MSN to Kiyuge Send a message via Yahoo to Kiyuge
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM

Animals being mistreated really makes me sad..... When I ask to help some people just look at me and their eyes tell me, "What can a child do?" -sigh- Its a terrible thing.... Animals have the same life as we and they are just a valuable. I know they cant be doctors or anything but they can be our friends and companions....

Family:
Husband: Aota
Wife: Kiyuga
Master: Kiyuga, IonFortuna
Sisters: Nekozawa, HinataUchiha
Borhters: Sutiiven.
Silly Side-kick: Slykaz1
Secret Lover: SonozakiSotaro

I own:
Mitsu & Hachi- Dolly
Yasu - Acid Black Cherry
Furukawa - Nookicky
KAZ - Oblivian Dust

¬_¬
(#47 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
05-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol, imprisoned cos you killed your cat by mistake? Manslaughter for killing animals?
Where would such laws end. Everything requires balance and you can't just see things in two-dimensional terms.
Yes its totally wrong to kill animals but only the sick pricks of society do so. The reason why they are sick pricks needs to be remedied. Adding to the prison population won't do Sweet F.A.
On top of that, resources are strained enough dealing with human crime, in cities anyway.
Such people should be punished and of course even imprisoned when they've been found guilty. Pumpum however is trying to be a bit too controversial here by saying that if the death penalty existed for killing humans, it should exist for killing animals too.
That is what I disagree with.
No, no, I'm not talking about accidents here. I cried for two hours because I accidentally hit a squirel. Sometimes you can't help it. What I'm talking about are those sick pricks you're talking about. I agree with you that they are the only ones that kill animels but how do you suggest the reason they are the way they are be remedied? There are so many reasons a person could turn out like that. How many more would we have out there if there was no jail time at all for things like this? I think the whole judical system needs an overhaul. I do think if the death penalty was an option as punishment for people torturing and killing animals they might think twice about it and find another way to get their jollies.

(#48 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-02-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightChilde25 View Post
No, no, I'm not talking about accidents here. I cried for two hours because I accidentally hit a squirel. Sometimes you can't help it. What I'm talking about are those sick pricks you're talking about. I agree with you that they are the only ones that kill animels but how do you suggest the reason they are the way they are be remedied? There are so many reasons a person could turn out like that. How many more would we have out there if there was no jail time at all for things like this? I think the whole judical system needs an overhaul. I do think if the death penalty was an option as punishment for people torturing and killing animals they might think twice about it and find another way to get their jollies.
Yes but the death penalty doesn't even exist for humans in the majority of places within the West. It's too "cruel".
What we need to ask is why people feel the need to torture animals. What is driving them to this insanity? Each case should be treated individually.
I don't think its hard to do that because the majority of people aren't "sick pricks". However, there is a certain desensitisation to anothers feelings in our societies and that is what I believe the underlying problem is.
Just for the simple reason that a bunch of kids might be bored, they'll go and try something "fun" because they have been bred that way via the media. It won't seem as wrong to them as it does to most people because most likely, they've been left to their own devices since they were born and not been given a fruitful upbringing. It's sort of like spending your time in a war zone, seeing mindless violence all around you and then being taken out of it and put into peacetime. You will take that violence with you and it will manifest itself when a certain situation arises. It has become a part of you now and it will take some time to acknowledge to yourself that it is wrong to feel no empathy for anothers suffering.

You know places like Saudi Arabia are always given stick for "human rights abuse" when they chop off the hand of someone who steals for greed. However, if you ever go there, you'll see that people leave their cars and shops and houses open because of this law. People are totally deterred from stealing as a whole and society is better because of it. Of course, Capital Punishment also exists over there and as far as I know, it isn't abused.
Anyway, if Capital Punishment existed for killing humans and was used without corruption, society wouldn't even have people who kill animals for sick pleasure. It would cause a kind of tabboo against the killing of anything since people would be inbred with that idea since they were young. Such people who had a disposition to kill, would stand out and hopefully be treated. However the cases would then be isolated to the psychologically imbalanced.

Anyway, there should be jail time and psychological help for the majority of people but I still disagree that Capital Punishment for killing an animal should exist.
It just doesn't seem right to me.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-02-2008 at 11:22 PM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-02-2008, 11:39 PM

People who are sadistic to animals definitely have some problems/issue why do you wanna lock up those troubled person. They need counseling more than anything else put them in bars and they would most likely blame it on the animals and when they got out. theyll more likely to hurt more animals. or if they dont they will forever blame animals.

Quote:
Anyway, there should be jail time and psychological help for the majority of people but I still disagree that Capital Punishment for killing an animal should exist.
It just doesn't seem right to me.
i agree with you
Laws created by men are far from perfect, there will always be loopholes. That can used as an advantage or disadvantage. thus capital punishment would be too much.