Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-19-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
-_-
Don't go into literal terms.
I'm talking about fucking people for money.
To put it bluntly >>
Ah, okay then. But Geishas' don't fuck people for money >.< You mean like, prostitutes calling themselves Geisha's to prettyfy it?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
04-19-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Ah, okay then. But Geishas' don't fuck people for money >.< You mean like, prostitutes calling themselves Geisha's to prettyfy it?
Exactly. : )

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-19-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
-_-
I'm talking about fucking people for money.
To put it bluntly >>

Once again.
You both knew exactly what I meant when I said " Selling their body"
And if you didn't now you do.

And er uhm you're repeating what I said.
Of course their are whore houses in Japan there everywhere legal or nonlegal.
I also said modern geishas are artist not whores.
This whole thread is exactly about literal terms, so it is impotant that you are clear about what you are trying to say.

Geisha are not prostitutes, traditionally or in modern times. They are paid private entertainers.

There is prostitution in Japan (it is not legal, but is also seen as a victimless crime, and not seriously pursued by authorities). Prostitutes in Japan do not pretend to be geishas to entice customers. If anything, they pretend to be schoolgirls.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aoiru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-20-2008, 11:06 AM

A geisha job was first a men job. A woman geisha was called "onna geisha". Then it became woman powered job. But, there is still a man geishas, but it is now called taikomochi.

The dance of geisha, was for 征夷大将軍 (a samurai boss). It tells how brave they are. It was not to tell how feminime a geisha is or to be sexy.

A geisha is more like a artist, I think. Because it makes a customer happy. It plays an instrument, dances, talks, service tea, plays games a beautifull appearance is done. A geisha, it means a person who can do many things.

I hope, my english was understanding. ^^;;;
Aoi
(#15 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-20-2008, 11:15 AM

Japan's 'geisha guys' the latest accessory - CNN.com

I read this article a couple of days ago... Seems the "Geisha industry" is changing "back".
(#16 (permalink))
Old
asouatiqah (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to asouatiqah Send a message via Yahoo to asouatiqah
04-20-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoiru View Post
A geisha job was first a men job. A woman geisha was called "onna geisha". Then it became woman powered job. But, there is still a man geishas, but it is now called taikomochi.

The dance of geisha, was for 征夷大将軍 (a samurai boss). It tells how brave they are. It was not to tell how feminime a geisha is or to be sexy.

A geisha is more like a artist, I think. Because it makes a customer happy. It plays an instrument, dances, talks, service tea, plays games a beautifull appearance is done. A geisha, it means a person who can do many things.

I hope, my english was understanding. ^^;;;
Aoi
wakarimasu Aoi.. ^_^
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-20-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Japan's 'geisha guys' the latest accessory - CNN.com

I read this article a couple of days ago... Seems the "Geisha industry" is changing "back".
This is more "host" than "geisha". He hasn't spent years learning the shamisen and how to sing and dance. He goes to the salon once a day because he wants to, not because he needs someone to help him put on his clothes and makeup. I think "geisha guy" batardizes the beauty of the traditional term "geisha", and I am sure it's a term the reporter came up with.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
04-20-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This whole thread is exactly about literal terms, so it is impotant that you are clear about what you are trying to say.

Geisha are not prostitutes, traditionally or in modern times. They are paid private entertainers.

There is prostitution in Japan (it is not legal, but is also seen as a victimless crime, and not seriously pursued by authorities). Prostitutes in Japan do not pretend to be geishas to entice customers. If anything, they pretend to be schoolgirls.
I don't have enough knowledge about geishas to argue that.
But if they do or have ever sold their bodies sexually, they are ( Or were. ) indeed prostitutes.
Anddd you're intelligent but I'm not going to base my facts on geishas simply on what I've read here x.x orrr anywhere on the internet for that matter. I have a friend going to japan this summer who's going to uh real little geisha place thing to learn about them past and presently. So I rather base my opinion off that primary source.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#19 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-20-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is more "host" than "geisha". He hasn't spent years learning the shamisen and how to sing and dance. He goes to the salon once a day because he wants to, not because he needs someone to help him put on his clothes and makeup. I think "geisha guy" batardizes the beauty of the traditional term "geisha", and I am sure it's a term the reporter came up with.
Yeah, I guess you're right about that one. I never stopped to think whether these hosts ever went through anything quiete as demanding as a "geisha"!

Quote:
So I rather base my opinion off that primary source.
Sorry for being pedantic, but that's not a primary source, it's second hand information. But if you actually meant primary to your friend, then it is pretty similar to things you find in books and internet or even films with regards to you. Because by the time it comes back to you, it'll be second hand info...

Last edited by noodle : 04-20-2008 at 06:31 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-20-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I don't have enough knowledge about geishas to argue that.
But if they do or have ever sold their bodies sexually, they are ( Or were. ) indeed prostitutes.
Anddd you're intelligent but I'm not going to base my facts on geishas simply on what I've read here x.x orrr anywhere on the internet for that matter. I have a friend going to japan this summer who's going to uh real little geisha place thing to learn about them past and presently. So I rather base my opinion off that primary source.
What is a "uh real little geisha place thing"?