LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-02-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiBunny23 View Post
Well, what if it's not possible to tackle it head on?
My problem lies like 5 states away, and I will most likely never see it again because it makes me afraid.
Everything is possible to tackle head on, in one way or another. It is just the way you do it which differs from one situation to the next.
Obviously you've left it quite vague so I don't know what exactly "tackling it head on" would be for you. This could be either a) getting over whatever it is and not letting it effect you anymore or b) trying to resolve the situation to the best of your ability.
Too many times people just let stuff linger in their psyche and use it as an excuse to feel sorry for themselves or to use it as a tool to gain attention.
This isn't always what people are trying to do conciously but it is a part of depression a lot of the time. In its extreme forms, its just like a hole that you just can't see a way out of and it turns into a vicious cycle.

Break the Cycle.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#72 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
08-03-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Everything is possible to tackle head on, in one way or another. It is just the way you do it which differs from one situation to the next.
Obviously you've left it quite vague so I don't know what exactly "tackling it head on" would be for you. This could be either a) getting over whatever it is and not letting it effect you anymore or b) trying to resolve the situation to the best of your ability.
Too many times people just let stuff linger in their psyche and use it as an excuse to feel sorry for themselves or to use it as a tool to gain attention.
This isn't always what people are trying to do conciously but it is a part of depression a lot of the time. In its extreme forms, its just like a hole that you just can't see a way out of and it turns into a vicious cycle.

Break the Cycle.
My problem would be both the resons things you gave me. And I doubt I would want to use this as a tool or anything because it's pretty harsh. My problem....well, it's kinda hard to say. Especially since pretty much anyone and everyone can read this. But my problem is horrible and will forever haunt me. I would prolly need a shrink if I ever wanted to get rid of the feeling I have.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-03-2008, 02:28 AM

Quote:
My problem would be both the resons things you gave me. And I doubt I would want to use this as a tool or anything because it's pretty harsh. My problem....well, it's kinda hard to say. Especially since pretty much anyone and everyone can read this. But my problem is horrible and will forever haunt me. I would prolly need a shrink if I ever wanted to get rid of the feeling I have.
The Shrink will only take your hand and get YOU to get over the problem. He doesn't have special beans or anything. (and no Prozac doesn't cure anything.)
People with enough will power can do that themselves. Depends how bad you want it.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#74 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
08-03-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
The Shrink will only take your hand and get YOU to get over the problem. He doesn't have special beans or anything. (and no Prozac doesn't cure anything.)
People with enough will power can do that themselves. Depends how bad you want it.
And I've already said I'm afraid. I don't want the same thing to happen again.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-03-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
And I've already said I'm afraid. I don't want the same thing to happen again.
Ah well I guess it will have to remain vague to me.

Good luck to you though.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#76 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

08-03-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Ah well I guess it will have to remain vague to me.

Good luck to you though.
Yea...thanks.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Crownedinterror (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2008, 03:18 AM

Ok so you have a problem but you dont want to express it in "public"? I dont know maybe I can help you. Just PM me if you feel like. Maybe just telling it would make you feel better? And im not a spoiler I wont spread through the internet I have much more to do ^^.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

08-03-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownedinterror View Post
Ok so you have a problem but you dont want to express it in "public"? I dont know maybe I can help you. Just PM me if you feel like. Maybe just telling it would make you feel better? And im not a spoiler I wont spread through the internet I have much more to do ^^.
I wouldn't really know how to word it and only my closest friends know...I don't trust very easily since it happened..
(#79 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

Send a message via AIM to emmygirl121
08-03-2008, 03:32 AM

when I'm depressed I sulk...

majorly.. I sit around and eat icecream, and watch anime. And cry...

then i feel better
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Depression can be positive.