JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
mikamigirl (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to mikamigirl Send a message via MSN to mikamigirl Send a message via Yahoo to mikamigirl
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Isn't that like supposed to be the best con ever or something? <<
I hear about it all the time.
Uhh...I think it was like the second biggest one in the United States or something like tat...about 25,ooo people go there...and they aim to get guests who have never been to America...JAM Project is the frirst musical guest...but I don't like them very much...ohoh but the guy who does Uryuu's voice on Bleach is gonna be there...The Eng dub guy.

And the roducer of Death Note..and Chobits...annnnd. Vampire Hunter D...and a bunch moree
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Drend (Offline)
The Unfortunate Otaku

05-09-2008, 12:06 PM

Jam Project ;__; I wish I could go to that. There's bound to be TONS of hotblooded manliness at that concert. I'll die if they play that "MOTTO MOTTO!". Versailles at A-Kon is going to have to quench my concert thirst until Oni-con's band is announced.

(#23 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-09-2008, 12:27 PM

In my usual fashion of taking a different route to reach a goal, attending a Con was what started my interest in Anime and Manga. Just a little backward.

I was on the commuter train into Dallas and saw this guy with his kids all hyped up about A-Kon (which I had no clue about at the time). When we ended up getting off at the same stop I decided that since I was a early for my appointment I would follow them over to the hotel and see what was going on. The room with the JRock videos was open to anyone so I was having a good time. Reading a flyer between videos I discovered that my former Taiko teacher was performing later that afternoon so I decided to cancel my appointment and go get a day pass. Before long I was wrapped in discussion with a Manga author and browsing the vendor area waiting for Kobushi to play. This will be my third A-Kon.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
06-15-2012, 04:16 AM

This year, for the first time,I will be able to go to Otakon! I grew up in Delaware, and to think that I move all the way to Florida and then get the oppurtunity to go to Otakon is a little ironic...now so far away is when I get the closest lol

I just wanted to say:

I'M GOING TO OTAKON!!

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....