JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
Questions / Concerns on My Cosplay - 05-11-2008, 10:13 PM

Herro all, Baka here and I have made a descisiion on cosplaying as Prince of Tennis Ryoma Echizen.

I have fairly long hair to match with Echizen, I would like to know how i can get it like that.

Heres the outfit

And heres me

Any tips on how I can get my hair like echizens? which is this.

Thankies.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-11-2008, 10:29 PM

I would say wig.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
05-11-2008, 10:41 PM

Wtf, wig? Why... I'm sure iif I got like a blow dryer or something my hair would fall down.. and my hair is allready black like his... hmm, I dunno.. A wig just seems too much if the hair is allready there.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

05-11-2008, 11:01 PM

I think you have the right Idea take it and wet it and dry it down. It should be fine.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

05-11-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
I think you have the right Idea take it and wet it and dry it down. It should be fine.
Sweet, And this seems to be a good deal seeing how its a team cosplay, meaning that the only difference in characters is a hat and a bandanna so essentially I have 2 cosplays for the price of $125 :x

(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-12-2008, 07:00 AM

Well, since you have sort of afro-like hair, I'm assuming, you want it to be straightened like the anime guy? Like everyone is saying the best bet is a wig, but if you want to go the whole way then this would be how, though I don't much recommened it :

Since you have hair of that texture, you will need to get some straightening irons, and really damn good ones. It will be really hard to go through hair like that though. The main thing that people with afro-like hair do, is to get it chemically straightened. Many hairdressers offer this service, my friend has particularly difficult hair, and she had this treatment and it made it pure straight. It is expensive, but it lasts for a very long time. So that's what I recommend to get it straight.

If you want the same colour hair, get it done professionally. Otherwise, you'd have to bleach it blonde first, then dye the colour over. I suggest you read my hair tutorial, which is in my signature, and it covers all this. If your going to dye it, Stargazer Turqouise dye would be a nice match.

Last edited by MissMisa : 05-12-2008 at 07:56 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaCrisis View Post
Wtf, wig? Why... I'm sure iif I got like a blow dryer or something my hair would fall down.. and my hair is allready black like his... hmm, I dunno.. A wig just seems too much if the hair is allready there.
You asked. I answered.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

05-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Well, since you have sort of afro-like hair, I'm assuming, you want it to be straightened like the anime guy? Like everyone is saying the best bet is a wig, but if you want to go the whole way then this would be how, though I don't much recommened it :

Since you have hair of that texture, you will need to get some straightening irons, and really damn good ones. It will be really hard to go through hair like that though. The main thing that people with afro-like hair do, is to get it chemically straightened. Many hairdressers offer this service, my friend has particularly difficult hair, and she had this treatment and it made it pure straight. It is expensive, but it lasts for a very long time. So that's what I recommend to get it straight.

If you want the same colour hair, get it done professionally. Otherwise, you'd have to bleach it blonde first, then dye the colour over. I suggest you read my hair tutorial, which is in my signature, and it covers all this. If your going to dye it, Stargazer Turqouise dye would be a nice match.

Yeah she has a point Crisis, I guess it depends on how far you want to take it.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria