JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-19-2008, 06:27 PM

I saw this guy on Jonathan Ross! He was kind of a weird guy, but the human body is an amazing thing. When he was on the show, he said that he only used consenting adults so if it's the same guy I never heard that about him.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-19-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathnotegirl View Post
well thats gross... and mean.. it's not like they had a say in it... thats just wrong
Not only did they have a say in this, these people asked to be included and consulted at length on how they would be displayed.

That sounds a little like those who objected to dissection being used to study anatomy. Back when doctors were having to guess how even the most basic body functions worked and the average life span was half or what it is now, or less.

He has merely taken this from a cold morgue or lab into the light of art so that anyone can see for themselves, in a safe environment, what we are really like inside (physically at least).

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob94P View Post
were these prisoners who had been executed or something? In which case they didn't even die of natural causes!
Where are you guys getting that information from? They were just a bunch of ordinary corpses in a morgue that weren't claimed by their families, so they were given to the director of the exhibition so that he could... experiment with them. And even if they had been donors, their bodies were meant to be used for medical purpose only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG
Not only did they have a say in this, these people asked to be included and consulted at length on how they would be displayed.
... where did you hear that?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#24 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

05-19-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
An interview with the artist, where he mentioned that after the first exhibition he was approached by would-be donors. Though he spoke with them, he did not say whether he has accepted any.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
lizzey (Offline)
Banned

05-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Where are you guys getting that information from? They were just a bunch of ordinary corpses in a morgue that weren't claimed by their families, so they were given to the director of the exhibition so that he could... experiment with them. And even if they had been donors, their bodies were meant to be used for medical purpose only.

There is an actual investigation on this done by Brian Ross a reporter. Here is the link if you wish to read the whole information on where the bodies come from as well of the executed prisoners.

ABC News: N.Y., China Investigating Black Market in Bodies

Last edited by lizzey : 05-19-2008 at 11:25 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
05-19-2008, 11:31 PM

I went to that exhibit.
It was quite fascinating.
I don't see the issue. It's for educational purposes.
It's very important to be aware of what's inside you.
Sciene is about alot more then making money, you don't work that hard just for the money, real scientist hold a true passion for the job.

There are alot of unfortunate and unjust deaths these days, at least one good thing can come of it all.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-19-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakishee View Post
So those prisoners didn't have a choice in the matter? That is quite disturbing. Bad enough they got sentenced to death, let's preserve them and stick em in a glass case. But go donors and their generosity!
You're absolutely right! Why should we preserve the bodies and use them for something beneficial to society like science and medicine. I mean seriously, who the hell ever needed those? No one! It's an absolute waste to make use of perfectly good corpses! We should throw it out in an mass burial surrounded by anonymity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathnotegirl View Post
well thats gross... and mean.. it's not like they had a say in it... thats just wrong
I agree! It's so selfish and unethical to use these corpses, nameless corpses forgotten in tragedy. What the hell were they thinking? I mean learning from it? Bettering man kind? Helping advance medical science. Jesus Christ Monkey-Balls, those bastards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob94P View Post
I think it's quite terrible, the donor bit is okay cause they have a say but people who don't shouldn't be used in my opinion... :S It's quite freaky... were these prisoners who had been executed or something? In which case they didn't even die of natural causes!
You're so right. All those prisoners should have been thrown away. It makes a lot more sense. I mean, what a better way to honor a death than a trash bin? Like, fuck corpses are being put to positive use and advancing society. Just... god... awful.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Kenta21 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-20-2008, 12:14 AM

I saw this one in a museum, it was cut thinly into a few thousand pieces.

Mew... ( 水に流す mizu ni nagasu )
(#29 (permalink))
Old
catapillera1 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to catapillera1
05-20-2008, 03:27 AM

they have that place in baltimore near wear i work 2!
my mom got so mad about it,she told me i better not go there,ever lol !
i'm not sure how i feel about it !
on one hand,you never know what happen to those people!
no matter what they tell you about how they got there!
but i still want to go see them !
i don't know if i should !

(((*(^_^)*)))
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

05-20-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzey View Post
There is an actual investigation on this done by Brian Ross a reporter. Here is the link if you wish to read the whole information on where the bodies come from as well of the executed prisoners.

ABC News: N.Y., China Investigating Black Market in Bodies
Thanks for the updated information. Mine was more than a year old and this does cast serious doubts over what I heard in the interview.

However, I see no use in letting the work be wasted by being locked up somewhere in a closet. However, I could support seizing any of the profits from the exhibitions and funneling them back to the country of origin for medical charity work.