JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Human Dead Bodies Display on Museums! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/15619-human-dead-bodies-display-museums.html)

lizzey 05-18-2008 10:24 PM

Human Dead Bodies Display on Museums!

2 Attachment(s)
I was watching a program about plastination (which is is a technique used to preserve bodies or body parts). In the museum the bodies are shown posing in many ways. One thing that disturbes me is that those bodies are just any bodies who have no identification. People just go to see them for entertainment. Also People don't know if those people let themselves for display. Some find them educational. The problem for me is that some of those bodies are from excuated prisoners from China. Then people make money of those bodies who are sold for $200 dollars a piece. It is just disgusting. The one in New York has made millions since is opening. There are bodies from donors who choose to give their body for display. I find that okay. Don't get me wrong not all exhibitions have bodies of excuated priosoners. BODIES... The Exhibition is the one having the problems. Well here are some images.

(This images belong to abc)

ABC News: Human Bodies on Display: Where Do They Come From?

Tatsuki 05-18-2008 10:27 PM

Thats quite disturbing.

Nakishee 05-18-2008 10:31 PM

So those prisoners didn't have a choice in the matter? That is quite disturbing. Bad enough they got sentenced to death, let's preserve them and stick em in a glass case. But go donors and their generosity!

miyavikuun 05-18-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzey (Post 492246)
I was watching a program about plastination (which is is a technique used to preserve bodies or body parts). Most of the bodies are shown posing in museum in different ways. One thing that disturbes me is that those bodies are just any bodies who have no identification. People just go to see them for entertainment . Some find them educational. The problem for me is some of those bodies are from excuated prisoners.Then people make money of those bodies is just disgusting. There are some bodies from donors who choose to give their body for display. I find that okay. Well here are some images.

i don't find that in anyway disturbing i think it is awesomely awesome and it is science and people can look at them for educational reasons

BakaCrisis 05-18-2008 10:32 PM

This mesuem is literally down the street from where I live in Downtown Hartford , Connecticut lol

forgotenmemory 05-18-2008 10:37 PM

Hey! Is that Body Works? That was in my city.

lizzey 05-18-2008 10:41 PM

It is not body works but there are different type of body exhibitions besides body works.

forgotenmemory 05-18-2008 10:41 PM

Really? Body works is the only one I've heard about.

lizzey 05-18-2008 10:47 PM

Have you heard of BODIES...The Exhibition. By the way Did you try to say body worlds Exhibition thats another one.

forgotenmemory 05-18-2008 10:52 PM

Nooo. Don't think so.