LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX2DXx View Post
Thank you MissMissa, Suki, Koaku and TalnSG.
I'm sorry I didn't include my travel date, its from june 23 to july 12 and I also have a map of where I'm going to be walking

There's no way you'll get through France in that time if you're walking. If you want my advice, France has an excellent railway system that would be wise to take advantage of - they call it the SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français).

Quote:
Oh by the way my brother said they closed off the very top of the Eiffel Tower to tourist, is this true? and whats the London Eye (well I can look it up on the internet lol).
The Eiffel Tower is absolutely packed with tourists, so if you plan on going up it, be prepared to wait in a queue for anything up to 5 hours. When I went - I think sometime in the early spring of 2005 - fortunately I was able to get up rather easily.

But in my opinion, there are better things in Paris than the Eiffel Tower. Montmartre and the Arc de Triomphe are must-sees. And yeah the London Eye is also pretty nice if you're going to London. If you want to know anything else don't hesitate to ask.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 05-28-2008 at 02:18 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
and you missed nothing! Normandie is probably the most boring region of all France ....( Cold, Rain, Wind, .... again and again and again and again....)
I don't care! Just being at the Omaha Beach, walking across the Pegasus Bridge and being able to visit all the cemeteries there [the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery, La Cambe German war cemetery <-- and spit on their gravestones, of course, no flowers for them filthy Germans x) j/k ] would make up for its shitty weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
The Eiffel Tower is absolutely packed with tourists, so if you plan on going up it, be prepared to wait in a queue for anything up to 5 hours. When I went - I think sometime in the early spring of 2005 - fortunately I was able to get up rather easily.
I don't remember having to line up for too long before getting into the elevator, and there's a flickering sign that says approximately how much time you're gonna have to wait before it's your turn if you get up in line at that very moment.

I'd recommand going to the Eiffel Tower at around lunch time, it won't be so crowded.

Out of the spots marked on the map, I've so far been to London, Paris, Lyon, Pisa, Florence and Rome

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#13 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-29-2008, 07:06 AM

Thanks Suki I will try to swing by there during lunch to avoid the rush hour .

Yes I'm going to be walking the whole way, well except for some parts I might have to take a boat or something but the ending date I gave you guys is only an estimation of what I am aiming for but not quite certain yet.

What about going through the airport when leaving the states?, what kind of precautions do they do?.
I heard you have to pack Jels and any liquids in a little bottle, I have a paper I got from the airport but I was wondering about bug spray. Does that need to be in the bottle too or can you just have a little can in your suitcase as well as sunblock or can I buy them there?.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
AllICanSay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2008, 07:48 PM

You should come to holland

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-29-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllICanSay View Post
You should come to holland
My boyfriend has family there, so he visits sometimes. He likes it there. [and not because of the weed and prostitutes -_-=]
(#16 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-30-2008, 04:17 AM

Lol once I heard the words weed and protestutes my heart was caught, I'm going there ^_^ lol jk, really is it nice in holland, maybe if you help me and my buddys out with things like food while we are there.
Is there anything else interesting in Europe that we should try to swing by and see while we are walking around, oh and does anyone know any good hostle spots. That would be a great help .