JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
That is very interesting, even more so because that article is 5 years old.
I am amazed that in our "liberal" Western media, this story has not been more wide spread.
In 5 years, I don't think i've heard one mention of this person, especially since he was released 4 years ago.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#122 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Its harsh but true. I'm not here to talk about "any religion", even though for example I could very easily argue with any "reality" you'd pick out in my religion.
The fact that Christianity plays a part in peoples decisions is the context I am talking in.

Same for me..No one should elects a President for these religious beliefs ... If now Obama change your life(XrachelleX ) into a better one would you still not believe in him?
Why no one talk about Mc Cain belief?

Obama is an American like Mc Cain or Clinton right? Why did we have to talk about his origin, his belief?

The same thing happened here is in france!
Our current President before being elected said that the person who shall win the election must be true french (Because the woman ---Segolène Royal----who was against him is the daughter of a former General french white who lived in Senegal when that country was still a French colony, it is therefore French white, born in Senegal but ..) while our president Sarkozy (Nicolas Paul Stéphane Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa ---> his entire name ..) born in france but his father is a Hungarian immigrant .., it is now our president...

All that to say that origin and religion are not "skills" for elect someone as a President..

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#123 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-06-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
That is very interesting, even more so because that article is 5 years old.
I am amazed that in our "liberal" Western media, this story has not been more wide spread.
In 5 years, I don't think i've heard one mention of this person, especially since he was released 4 years ago.
Yeah! when i read this article i was like !
I dont remember heard of this story there are 4 or 5 years .. we are manipulated by the media..

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#124 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-06-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The fact that Christianity plays a part in peoples decisions is the context I am talking in.
Don't most religions do that? x.x
Christianity is just very very popular which is why we notice the world wide effects of it more

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#125 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Don't most religions do that? x.x
Not in America and not the context which XRachelle was talking about. In America its Christianity if anything.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#126 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
That was probably the most childish thing I've seen in this thread by far. :/
hahaha no no no, your probably right. But i had to make my point simpler than words for him to understand that he likes to assume things and believe what everyone tells him. And to accuse me of things i didn't do to make me look bad seems more childish to me haha. I mean, it shut him up, he hasn't replied yet..
(#127 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
hahaha no no no, your probably right. But i had to make my point simpler than words for him to understand that he likes to assume things and believe what everyone tells him. And to accuse me of things i didn't do to make me look bad seems more childish to me haha. I mean, it shut him up, he hasn't replied yet..
You are the one who hasn't replied to my intelligent response to your misguided post.

Please don't feel the need to simplify your message for my benefit. If you use words I can't understand I will use a dictionary to look them up.

Last edited by MMM : 06-06-2008 at 06:49 PM.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
hahaha first you started the insults at me, second you havent posted any evidence besides saying you believe what politicians say, three i havent said anthing nearly racist. how can i? im african american hahahaha. pattern my ass. again get your head out of your ass
From the wapanese thread
Quote:
I was born in OC cali. My mom was born in tokyo and my grandma is 100% making me 25%, but my rgandma and my mom both married white men and i got their traits so i dont look a quarter at all. I was raised in japanese culture at my grandmas house when i was very young until around 10 or 11. but when she passed I pretty much lost all my ties to the culture besides my aunt i hardly see. I didnt become interested until recently in it and I look white so I feel like I am little but techinically im not, i guess. But I dont go too far with it at all, like (no offense because i know a lot of people like it here) but i think cosplay is weird and I dont listen to j music, watch little anime, read only one manga, but I immerse myself in the langauge and culture. My major is international business with emohasis on japanese, so...
I'll let you explain how you are 1/4 Japanese, 3/4 white and you call yourself an African American.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Huh? Even IF that was what I meant, how are you supposed to know a single American didn't vote just to appease the rest of the world, indirectly at least.
That is, how do you know a single American who votes for Obama isn't effected by the negative press they get throughout the world and thus votes for Obama, to appease that negative press.
Not even the great MMM can make a statement so generic and expect it to hold water.

Now that isn't even what I was trying to say but I was replying to what YOU said about Obama being black and it being viewed as a progressive attitude toward racism. I merely stated that Obama needed to show more backbone to be voted in and not rely on his colour and that is what he has been doing.
Well with that logic there are probably people that voted for Obama because they think he is from Mars.

My point is that Americans didn't vote for Obama to "appease" foreign countries. There are much more signifigant issues going on at home. Worrying about what other countries think of us is a non-priority to US voters right now.

I don't know how you can say Obama relies on his color. Black people do not use their color to try to win elections in America. If anything they have to win despite their color. I found this quote from a newspaper that says what I meant more eloquently:

While you shouldn't vote for someone based on color or gender, you can celebrate that gender and color finally don't matter enough to keep qualified people away from the presidency.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrachelleX View Post
i am fully aware of that. i was just trying to explain the consequences that could put our country at such a serious risk for another prolonged war. and another reason why i wouldnt vote for Obama is becuase his pastor is saying wrong things about the Bible. [please excuse my thoughts] but it seems weirds that Obama calls himself a Christian when both of pastors are saying disrespectful things about the Bible.
You said his "Muslim ties" could put us in consequences for another prolonged war. You still haven't explained what you mean.

Obama has denounced the statements of that pastor publically. McCain's pastor John Hagee isn't much better, and McCain was forced to denouce his words, too. So choosing a candidate based on their pastor will mean you'll be voting for Nader in Novemeber.