JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#391 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2008, 08:59 PM

If Obama simply said what people wanted to hear, he wouldn't have gotten where he has gotten.

I cannot comment further on something Al Sharpton didn't say.

You can hold your breath for Hillary's comeback, but I am going to go forward with Obama and McCain as the two candidates.
(#392 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-14-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
Well I'm not American and have never been to the USA so I can only use the media to analyze its situation.

I am just comparing Bush to some other leaders. You could be in Zimbabwe, under dictator Mugabe. Or maybe under Hitler or Stalin. Which would you prefer?
True, even I don't think he is as bad as come of those comparisons, but compared to others quaolified for the presidency, he might as well be. And after experiencing his disregard for U.S. Constitutional law and mores, I ahted to think what he would be capable of without the boundaries he has been forced to work within.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#393 (permalink))
Old
AmericanOtakuLee (Offline)
JF Regular

06-14-2008, 09:08 PM

May the best man win and hopefully it will be the Person who backs freedom Mccain

Last edited by AmericanOtakuLee : 06-14-2008 at 09:11 PM.
(#394 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2008, 09:15 PM

If McCain's definition of freedom is anything like Bush's, then gimme Obama.
(#395 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

06-14-2008, 09:21 PM

whats wrong with bush's defination of freedom????????
(#396 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

06-14-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanOtakuLee View Post
Bush is not stupid first of all
No, just bigoted, racist, and disrespectful of US laws.
Quote:
2.The I do not give a Damn how the world sees when they are busy Appeaseing Radcical islam Sharia law
Getting our troops out of Iraq is not endorsing or supporting Sharia law anywhere.
Quote:
3.Obama will destroy our relationship with Israel and Japan.
The relationship with Israel needs revision badly. Japan will not alter its relationship based on a single government official. That is just not how politics and business work - not here or there.
Quote:
4.Obama is worst then carter/chamberlain combined
I seriously doubt that you are forming that inexplicable comparison based on first hand experience - like some of us.
Quote:
5.Us Military will not support obama like they will McCain.
Ye they will support WHOEVER is elected Commader in Chief. But even before that I know many military who do not like McCain any more than Obama
Quote:
6.Obama is a dunce when it comes the economy he acts if he can Magically make life fair
Name calling is the last resort of the ignorant.
Quote:
7.Obama Backs Fascist Racist Opressive Gun Control laws
Colorado has had effective gun control laws since the 1950s without problems. Maybe we need the national ones improved.
Quote:
8 Neither Cubans that want freedom or Israelis trust obama
That is completely irrelevant to electing a US president. Just like our wishes should have no bearing on what Castro and the Kenneset do.

(#397 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

06-14-2008, 09:35 PM

TainSG Bush is not bigoted and neither Ignroenent unless you can prove otherwise. And Israel will not surrender they will never allow another holoacust to happen they will win by any means neccasry. Obama plans scap the tactical missile shield even though other Nato Allies have money invested in it. Cubans will vote for McCain over obama. And what US laws has bush violated provide proof.
(#398 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

06-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Its not being a good speaker makes you hitler. Its the idea speaking flawlessly and saying what everybody wants to hear should be the only qualification. And i could not find a direct qoute from al sharpton but that what i got from his tone when i have seen him speaking. By the way the up coming supreme court ruling will have a effect on this election. And this thread assume hillary is out of the race which is interesting cause she never released her delegates to obama but marely suspended her campaign
So because she did not say "I release my delegates" you are going to ignore her directly expressed wishes?

"The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand, is to take our energy, our passion, our strength, and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States.
Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him.
And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me."

Obviously you have never served as a delegate or you would know what happens next when the delegates take the floor.

She was not my candidate any more than the other two, but if she was yours you should respect her wishes. Not that the delegats on the floor will have any other choice, but other than perhaps a first pass out of sentiment, they will not be voting for Mrs. Clinton.

(#399 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
whats wrong with bush's defination of freedom????????
That's a whole 'nother story I don't want to get into, but things like water-boarding, warrentless wiretapping, protection for telecoms for giving our personal phone records to the government, telling the press to "watch what they say", an AG who says Habeas Corpus is not protected under the Constituion (the right to face your accuser and not be held without reason), the proposed National ID, which several states are protest, and this administration is telling the states to comply or residents of those states won't be able to board airplanes, "data-mining" of our financial records, the new power to strip an American of his citizenship if he is determined to be a terror suspect,

the list goes on and on.
(#400 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

06-14-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
TainSG Bush is not bigoted and neither Ignroenent unless you can prove otherwise. And Israel will not surrender they will never allow another holoacust to happen they will win by any means neccasry. Obama plans scap the tactical missile shield even though other Nato Allies have money invested in it. Cubans will vote for McCain over obama. And what US laws has bush violated provide proof.
I don't believe I said he was ignorant. I implied someone else was.
He is a bigot. Ask any Texan who know his past. Or read the news clippings from when he refused to send assistance when a fundamentalist pastor in Killeen, TX attacked a group of pagan worshipers. I will not do your research for you. If you are so brillant that is enough information for you to find the facts yourself. I am speaking from first-hand, personal experience, unlike you.