JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#291 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-11-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Lol to that last part!

For the other stuff, I have never heard anyone invoke god to justify this war. Maybe some extremist has, but come on. That type of statement shows your extremism in defining the right as so.
Are you F'k serious?!?

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#292 (permalink))
Old
Natsume (Offline)
Keeper of Chokuto-Reki

06-11-2008, 11:40 PM

Has this guy ever heard of the Crusades? Taking back the holy land from the infidels, all that jazz. I think that's invoking God to justify a war. Don't you think?

"The way of the Tiger is one of Tenacity and Power, and from the Dragon we learn to ride the wind"

-A saying used in our Dojo
(#293 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-11-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
Has this guy ever heard of the Crusades? Taking back the holy land from the infidels, all that jazz. I think that's invoking God to justify a war. Don't you think?
Hahahahahaha isn't that the whole reason why we even have this holy land called the US of A X).

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#294 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-12-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
THIS war. He was talking about the US occupation of Iraq.
(#295 (permalink))
Old
Natsume (Offline)
Keeper of Chokuto-Reki

06-12-2008, 01:58 AM

Oh, I know that. It seemed as if the guy had NEVER heard of an instance where that happend.

I stopped approving of the war the minuete they said they where staying in after the fall of Saddam Hussain ( I know I spelled that wrong). But I kept my mouth shut until they said that they where staying after the establishment of Democracy. Now I'm just out and out against it. My Mom says is just my generations turn to experence what it was like during the Vietnam War.

"The way of the Tiger is one of Tenacity and Power, and from the Dragon we learn to ride the wind"

-A saying used in our Dojo
(#296 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-12-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
That exactly what Im tryin' to say from the beginning when we talk about Islam and War....

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#297 (permalink))
Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
06-12-2008, 12:39 PM

I would like to finish what we started in Iraq. I would also like to see world peace someday, if the right man gets into office. I would be afriad that Obama would take away more of my freedoms. I do not want national health care because that will drain what is in our pockets and tell us what doctors we are allowed to see. The next thing I fear is a food shortage because of governments interferance in our food, that we will be fight in the streets for food. Have any of you thought this through. Obama is just like a young unexperienced Hitler. Do you want a president like that?

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#298 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I stopped approving of the war the minuete they said they where staying in after the fall of Saddam Hussain ( I know I spelled that wrong). But I kept my mouth shut until they said that they where staying after the establishment of Democracy.
That basically sums up my views on it too. But some cowboys has to continue their ego trip.

Quote:
My Mom says is just my generations turn to experence what it was like during the Vietnam War.
Not to insult your parent, but it sound like Mom doesn't believe in learning from mistakes. Her comparison is correct, but there is no justification for the U.S. to keep re-expexperiencing the same stupidity and interference in other countries.

We assassinated Diem and Hussein (I won't fault the logic in deposing them), and then we supported a Democratic take over in both countries. But then we stayed beyond the original mission and screwed up royally - in both countries.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#299 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

Obama is not like Hitler - 06-12-2008, 01:04 PM

only if you are 'sniffing glue' do you come close to this comparision?
(#300 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
That basically sums up my views on it too. But some cowboys has to continue their ego trip.

Not to insult your parent, but it sound like Mom doesn't believe in learning from mistakes. Her comparison is correct, but there is no justification for the U.S. to keep re-expexperiencing the same stupidity and interference in other countries.

We assassinated Diem and Hussein (I won't fault the logic in deposing them), and then we supported a Democratic take over in both countries. But then we stayed beyond the original mission and screwed up royally - in both countries.
With all due respect, you screwed up royally by getting rid of the existing power base in Iraq and even thinking about invading. I'm sure before Iraq was invaded, they knew what the outcomes would be, especially based on past mistakes and experience.
No, Iraq was invaded primarily because it was in the interest of companies such as Halliburton and its ties with the American Government.
I'm sure you know how my example is just the tip of the iceberg.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers