JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Suicide by Hydrogen Sulfide (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/16379-suicide-hydrogen-sulfide.html)

SatoriOne 06-15-2008 01:34 AM

Suicide by Hydrogen Sulfide

Another young woman in Kochi Prefecture committed suicide today by using Hydrogen Sulfide. Several people were evacuated to a gym to avoid exposure to the toxic fumes produced by the deadly concoction. Dating back to last year this method of suicide has become increasingly popular in Japan because of the painless and effective manner in which the person dies. Unfortunately, it has also caused several other related deaths because the fumes linger and can kill rescuers and bystanders.

Misc:

This method is fast replacing Carbon Monoxide poisoning (tailpipe with hose affixed that feeds to the inside of a car) as the prefered way of commiting suicide in Japan.

Instructions for how to commit suicide with Hydrogen Sulfide are available on several websites.

Hydrogen Sulfide fumes by themselves are harmless. It is only when the chemical is mixed with certain common household products that it becomes lethal.

Additional Info:

Briquettes are out, hydrogen sulfide in as latest suicide method

pumpum 06-15-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SatoriOne (Post 514603)
Another young woman in Kochi Prefecture committed suicide today by using Hydrogen Sulfide. Several people were evacuated to a gym to avoid exposure to the toxic fumes produced by the deadly concotion. Dating back to last year this method of suicide has become increasingly popular in Japan because of the painless and effective manner in which the person dies. Unfortunately, it has also caused several other related deaths because the fumes linger and can kill rescuers and bystanders.

Misc:

This method is fast replacing Carbon Monoxide poisoning (tailpipe with hose affixed that feeds to the inside of a car) as the prefered way of commiting suicide in Japan.

Instructions for how to commit suicide with Hydrogen Sulfide are available on several websites.

Hydrogen Sulfide fumes by themselves are harmless. It is only when the chemical is mixed with certain common household products that it becomes lethal.

Additional Info:

Briquettes are out, hydrogen sulfide in as latest suicide method

er..... thanks :confused:

Ronin4hire 06-15-2008 08:50 AM

I wonder why they decided to change methods from Carbon monoxide?

Maybe people that commit suicide are becoming more Carbon conscious :D :mtongue:

JoshAussie 06-15-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 514754)

Maybe people that commit suicide are becoming more Carbon conscious :D :mtongue:

LOL.. pretty funny

CarouselIllumina 06-15-2008 09:15 AM

Ahaha, maybe

But whoa, that's heavy.
Gee, the things people are coming up with to commit suicide these days.

GodNickSatan 06-15-2008 04:06 PM

What a ridiculously selfish way to go. If you're going to end your life then that's your choice, but there's no need to bring others down with you just because your life is miserable. Hopefully something will be done and the trend won't continue.

Suki 06-15-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 514754)

Lmao xDDD!

On a more serious note... I agree with the poster above me, if you wanna kill yourself then do so, but don't make such a choice for others who might not feel their time as a mortal living creature's over yet. Sounds like quite the perfect death though, I bet it smells good too x.Ô

Cyclamen 06-15-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 514917)
I bet it smells good too x.Ô

:D :D :D :D :D

(from Hydrogen sulfide) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"This colorless, toxic and flammable gas is responsible for the foul odour of rotten eggs and flatulence."

SatoriOne 06-15-2008 10:58 PM

it is unfortunate but suicide is very common in Japan and no one wants to die in a horrible manner, not even when taking your own life. This is also an effective way for group suicide. However, people are starting to realize it can cause other deaths. But who knows how this trend will turn out.

manganimefan227 06-15-2008 11:34 PM

This could turn into people using this gas to kill other people who wont notice until it is too late.