JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
[spams/bans/flames] - 10-28-2006, 03:24 PM

As it is, between Eki, (Vesp), Gwen, Kanji and myself, we cannot always be on during moments when a spammer, flammer or troll starts going on a rampage in the forum. And as much as i love getting PM's about users and posts, I thought it would be prudent to set up a thread specificly for this cause.
So here goes:

If you feel a user and/or a post requires our attention, please post a permalink to that post in question. We have mod powers in all threads, so whichever of us comes by and see's a post, shall take the appropriate action.

Before posting a complaint, take the time to read any previous posts to see if someone else has taken the initiative to come to us already.
In the post, please specify:

User: [Name here]
Complaint Type: [Flame/Troll/Spam/Other]
Post Link: [Link here]
Comments [Any Comments you want to add]

Please do not repeat posts or send PM's to us in regards to bans/flames/etc...
We will promtly take action in regards to your complaints, and any actions taken will be noted in your posts by us.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, progression only comes from you taking a stand and helping out. This is our community, let's keep it clean.

[This is obvious, but do not spam the spam thread. No chat please. ~ Misa]

Last edited by MissMisa : 06-05-2009 at 11:28 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ShinjukuEki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-30-2006, 08:20 AM

To add to what Kudo said, you can also use the "ignore" feature of the forum to make anyone whose posts you don't want to read disappear. Just view their profile and then click on the link that says "Add X To Your Ignore List". After that, their posts will be gone, so you don't have to see them anymore. You can review your ignore list anytime from the user control panel.

Ignoring trolls is usually a better response than fighting with them as they are looking for extra attention.

Also, we are considering some other possible moderators, so more help may be on the way for the two hardest working mods on JF.

(Edit) Kudo: Don't request to be a Mod in this, or any, thread. Eki will come to you. ^^

Last edited by kudo : 10-30-2006 at 04:29 PM. Reason: addition..
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
01-26-2007, 08:09 AM

Hi. My name is Kudou.
I will ban whomever i like. But i will always give reason, and before that warning. I will move whatever posts i deem necessary to move.
In fact, i can manage this forum in any way I see fit. BUT, I won't be immoral nor bias against anyone here.

Guess what? No one can force me to change that. In fact, even the other Mods here can't make me change anything. Why? Because we have this curcle of trust called respect (as corny as that sounded, it works). The ONLY person who can undermine OUR actions, is the head Admin.

Listen guys, I made this thread for a reason. To post your complaints. Simply that. Nothign else. In fact, the other mods aren't even supposed to reply with another msg. They're supposed to edit the complaint and add that action was taken.

I jus moved opver 50+ posts to the archives only visible by us mods. If anyone has a problem, msg me. ME. KUDOU. I will take it up with you. Hey, i'll give it all a chance.

Ground rules for this thread:
- Post your complaint, but do NOT insult the person in question.
- If you see a complaint against you and a mod has not talked to you yet, wait for them to. You'll ALWAYS get a chance to defend.
- Don't question our actions. We won't go outside our boundries of power. But i'll state this for the record, insult us on gibberish, and you WILL get banned. If you have a problem with a mod, talk it out with them. If not, talk to me and I'll play middle man.
- keep this thread CLEAN.

i think thats fairly simple enough. Its 3am now guys, i want to sleep. i don't have time for this. we're not gods. we'll make mistakes, thats why we give you that extra chance.

for the record, i moved everything almost from the thread from page 5 and on that wasn't a complaint. nothing personal, jus keeping it fair and clean. Questions? complaints? suggestions? PM me. Kudou.

'lata
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

03-17-2007, 12:35 PM

Ok; common you guys; i Know the posts are disgusting; but ONE complaint is all it takes. If us Mods arent online, then WE'RE NOT ONLINE; multiple posts wont get us online faster; we will see the complaint, and act on it; spamming this thread won't get you anywhere

i know they postfast; its because there's a forum soimwhere out there that provides copy n pasteable templates; these trolls do turn up occasionally, and we do deal with them as soon as we can.

thanks Vesperd for dealing with them; good to know youre still around

Oh, and the Mods are in different Time-zones; its just that even we need our sleep...

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

12-20-2007, 05:01 AM

Also, DO NOT use this thread to chat, argue, or be random.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 01-14-2008 at 02:49 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-30-2011, 07:46 PM

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/members/jonty13.html

spammer

Done
~Gwen

Last edited by Gwen_Goth : 11-01-2011 at 02:52 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

11-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Have cleared out this thread again; don't worry, all the posts that were up have been dealt with

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-04-2011, 09:34 PM

Spammer

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/members/cuidan.html
(#9 (permalink))
Old
EmegaMart20 (Offline)
New to JF

11-05-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

Also, DO NOT use this thread to chat, argue, or be random.
I agree with you. thanks
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nameless (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-05-2011, 02:38 PM

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japa...ver-world.html

Spam.