JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Gaijin wearing yukata?? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/16990-gaijin-wearing-yukata.html)

jrocka83 07-07-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 530065)
Obviously you don't know shit about hotel yukata or never wore one.

1. Actually, I do. I own a yukata and a Kimono.

2. Don't throw weasel remarks at me. I will smash you.

3. My argument is in the context of guijin wearing yukata in general, not hotels:cool:.

:vsign:

Kayci 07-07-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 530065)
Obviously you don't know shit about hotel yukata or never wore one.

He's in Okinawa. You're in California now.
Hmmm
I'd take the advice of one who is in japan CURRENTLY XD;

Paul11 07-07-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayci (Post 530087)
Hmmm

I lived in Japan for years and visit regularly and live in a bilingual family. Duh!

Paul11 07-07-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrocka83 (Post 530072)
2. Don't throw weasel remarks at me. I will smash you.:vsign:

How can you do that from 3000 miles away, big guy?

Kayci 07-07-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 530095)
I lived in Japan for years and visit regularly and live in a bilingual family. Duh!

Hmm.
Oh...excuse me. I think I misunderstood, actually.
My bad.
But still, don't underestimate the knowledge of one who is there, CURRENTLY.
You may have been there, but really...
then again, I think Jrock isn't nihonjin himself.
So I'll go with the word of Nagoya himself xD

jrocka83 07-07-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 530097)
How can you do that from 3000 miles away, big guy?

I visit Cali regularly. Also, I am 6,424 miles away:D .

TalnSG 07-07-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayci (Post 530087)
Hmmm

I understand your logic, but it has a flaw or two.
You don't know that JRock is a Okinawan. There are many gaiijin living there because of the U.S. military, so he may or may not be a valid source. Nor do you know whether Paul is a native Californian or a Japanese in California on a visa. But aside from these two faulty assumptions, I personally would take the recommendation of whichever poster displayed more rational discourse instead of idle threats of violence toward differing opinions.

And then there is the whole issue of whether we are discussing an Okinawan tradition/custom that is actually different from mainland Japan. You are aware they are not always the same?

Kayci 07-07-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 530103)
You don't know that JRock is a Okinawan. There are many gaiijin living there because of the U.S. military, so he may or may not be a valid source. Nor do you know whether Paul is a native Californian or a Japanese in California on a visa. But aside from these two faulty assumptions, I personally would take the recommendation of whichever poster displayed more rational discourse instead of idle threats of violence toward differing opinions.

And then there is the whole issue of whether we are discussing an Okinawan tradition/custom that is actually different from mainland Japan. You are aware they are not always the same?

Yeah, I thought about it...I was all "wait, Ryukyu = main japan = chigau..."
I wasn't thinking as I typed. It happens. xD; Sorry

Kayci 07-07-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrocka83 (Post 530102)
I visit Cali regularly. Also, I am 6,424 miles away:D .

children, children...play nice.

jrocka83 07-07-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 530103)

I am basing my knowledge off of mainland Japan tradition. My wife is Mainland Japanese and I lived there for 4 years. I have only been in Okinawa for 1 1/2 years. Also, before I post anything related to Japan, I verify with my wife to ensure I am correct.