JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
Magic the Gathering - 07-12-2008, 10:07 PM

anyone knows this trading card game? it is the best one ever! discuss here anything about magic the gathering you want! my favourites are the dragons! and i bought a signed black lotus card from beta for my great love for 2400 euros!

Japan, I come next year!! wohooo!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-13-2008, 12:20 AM

Wow, Magic...I haven't played this game in a very, very long time.

Brings back a lot of memories for me. I started playing when I was about eight years old. I was taught by my uncle, as I got older I got way more into it. I started making my own decks and such. I went through many different sets and decks, until I ultimately made my Elf Deck. It was the strongest deck I ever made, and as new cards came out it got much stronger.

I used to use my mystic compass in junction with Eladamri, Lord of Leaves to give all my elves forestwalk and turn my opponents mana to forests, so I could do direct damage. It was great.

The last set I bought was the Nemesis edition. The sets came out way to fast and there were way to many cards, it cost so much money so I stopped buying them. I still have all the ones I ever got.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
FirstCoven (Offline)
New to JF

07-13-2008, 12:33 AM

Ok. That is depressing. The guy i like taught me how to play, but stoped playing a year later so I'm still no good, but have about a gazillion old cards...
no fair!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
07-13-2008, 07:55 AM

hah! i have over 20000 commons and uncommons, about 2000 different rares and over 120 dragons. i play always with a red/black dragonstorm deck. aim of the deck: bring out 4 dragons where each of them deals 5 damage. makes fun to play this deck! and if you play against another dragonstorm deck, it is like poker, as you play your whole hand cards out in such a deck!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

07-13-2008, 05:46 PM

A bunch of kids at school randomly brought decks to school and started playing not too long ago lol.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
07-14-2008, 08:46 AM

My local group have decided recently to have a few games again just for fun. Otherwise we've got other games to play.

Although, saying that we do run around with some silly decks. Quick Darksteel reactor, Kokusho bomb's, Giant's that go smashy....ah, all fun.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

07-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
My local group have decided recently to have a few games again just for fun. Otherwise we've got other games to play.

Although, saying that we do run around with some silly decks. Quick Darksteel reactor, Kokusho bomb's, Giant's that go smashy....ah, all fun.

Why not? My dragonstorm deck is based on kokusho and bogardan hellkites. And finally, the card dragonstorm itself. It has 60 cards, and my deck is red black and contains just 10 dragons: 4 kokusho, 4 bogardan hellkites, 1 rorix bladewing and 1 bladewing the risen. And what contain your deck?

(#8 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

07-14-2008, 08:56 AM

Oh mines jank......3 entombs, 3 Koku's ( sorry, play on words), Dread returns, Vigor Mortis, etc. Though the Koku's aren't the win condition. I'd rather revive any big creature (Akroma, Sister's of Stone Deatyh, Razia, etc) and smach you in the face with them.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

07-14-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
Oh mines jank......3 entombs, 3 Koku's ( sorry, play on words), Dread returns, Vigor Mortis, etc. Though the Koku's aren't the win condition. I'd rather revive any big creature (Akroma, Sister's of Stone Deatyh, Razia, etc) and smach you in the face with them.
i understand! then tyr the new demigods in the new edition shadowmoor. they are fat creatures! and try phage too and khamal and so on.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

07-14-2008, 09:03 AM

I'd rather not. I haven't bought Magic for a while now. In fact none of our group has. We only started playing again as it was something a few people wanted to try. We'd left the game alone for about 2 years now (maybe longer? When did Time Spiral start, cause thats when I left it alone.) and moved on to other, slightly differant games. And my money would rather go on another CCG (I wont divert from the thread topic by truying to sell it to players here ) than Magic, but thats all down to personal preferance.