LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
smbx33 (Offline)
90's ジングル

10-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
With 2 Gigs, XP is far faster.You need 3 or 4 Gigs to have normal computers. Games nowadays need a lot of RAM, and on all games I've seen, the minimum requirements have 1GB more than their XP counterpart.

And you just contradicted yourself. Any idea what 'resource hog' means? Vista is a little bit better now on SP2, but at the start it was absolutely horrible. I don't need to buy new hardware for each OS everytime, nobody set that rule. You can see Windows 7 needs less powerful software and that's the way to go.
Hey bro I'm not arguing with you I think your stretching out how much faster XP is on 2 gigs, But the same can be said about any outdated Operating system. Btw I don't know how many computer games u play but there are not that many that require 1 gig minimum, Crysis being one of them. You don't need 3-4 gigs of ram to have a normal computer, that's like saying everyone on 32 bit operating systems don't have normal computers.

What I'm saying now is IT DOESN'T MATTER Windows 7 is better than both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macresco View Post
Windows XP.

The reasons for this is because it was forced upon me by my father. Well, not forced but it's what I basically got used to using and now I feel it's the best operating system on the market. It's so easy to use and doesn't use up precious RAM like the hog Vista is.

I'm tempting to upgrade to Windows 7 when I buy my new laptop though.. Should be interesting. -shiver-
Try it, you will fall in love.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-29-2009, 02:40 PM

it's sad to say, because as much as i hate microsoft for all the sh&t they put me through all those years w/ useless software, i kinda.. sorta... might kind of like win 7.... ... (let's just say it's as nice to look at as vista, but runs like xp on redbull)

anyway!!! it's time to give a big birthday shoutout to koala!!!! it's here baby!.. downloading as we speek.

IamKira
(#63 (permalink))
Old
smbx33 (Offline)
90's ジングル

10-29-2009, 06:26 PM

Ubuntu is like the dumbed down version of linux that makes everything easy...anyone could basically switch to ubuntu from windows and not run into many problems lol.

Doesnt stop me from using it on my old laptop though :P