LinkBack Thread Tools
(#251 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincken View Post
Do you really know what Tibeten exactally expect? or u really know it BUT just through ur countries' medium or the troublesome-maker dictator DALAI LAMA?
If my filter is the Western media then your filter is the Chinese media...

I wonder which filter is more accurate?

The one with an interest in spinning the story for political gain or the one which doesn't?
(#252 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to lincken
09-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
If my filter is the Western media then your filter is the Chinese media...

I wonder which filter is more accurate?

The one with an interest in spinning the story for political gain or the one which doesn't?
so, as I have posted previously, we are both badly brain-washed,

but I dont totally believe in my filter while it seems that u beilive yours firmly.

and r u sure ur filter are not plitical-based?

admire cherry as well as peachblossom.
(#253 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM

My filter is the best in the world lolololol but I won't say it because it has to stay mine.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#254 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-13-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Do you really know what Tibeten exactally expect? or u really know it BUT just through ur countries' medium or the troublesome-maker dictator DALAI LAMA?

The CIA's Secret War in Tibet by Kenneth Conboy (policy analyst) and James Morrison (ex-US military agent)

Everybody knows that "Dalai Lama = American CIA puppet".

Other than that, the Gelugpa Tibetan Buddhist culture (under Dalai Lama's patronage) has turned more into a westernized Californian New Age cult-like thing.

Do want to see the worst thing in your view? US Congress advances legislation to fund programs to help Tibetans inside Tibet and in exile | International Campaign for Tibet

America backstabbing China. Utter disgrace.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.

Last edited by komitsuki : 09-13-2009 at 06:30 PM.
(#255 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

09-13-2009, 06:48 PM

I don't disagree about China becomeing a superpower. They certainly have the population and decent natural resources for such a thing. The real question is wether they have the mentality of a superpower. Traditonally, they seldom try to influence events too far past Asia. I realize they see things in 50 and 100 year marks, I just wonder if the eastern thought process is aligned with the idea of being a superpower.

The US is seen as a world police officer half the time, even if it really doesn't want to be such. Would China wish to take such a role as well? I mean it can get pretty annoying being hated by the world because your a world power. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The CIA, heh, even the US doesn't know exactly what it's doing, it sorta act's like it's own junta sometimes.
(#256 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-13-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Do you really know what Tibeten exactally expect?

Yes, they want the CCP out and they want a stop to the systematic Han-izing of their culture, language and religion.
(#257 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-13-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
Yes, they want the CCP out and they want a stop to the systematic Han-izing of their culture, language and religion.
I want to smoke what you're smoking in this case.

Um... just to let you know, I'm a descendant of a Chinese minority from my dad's side (Chaoxian). And I don't see Tibetans or Chaoxian people (Koreans living in China) becoming more like Han.

You know it's ironic for some non-Chinese that some of the most prominent people in the CCP and the military are minorities. Some of the biggest security force members in China are Muslims (mostly Hui).

As a matter of fact, one of the biggest recent crazes in China is learning Tibetan traditional dance.

Or learning Chaoxian (Korean) traditional percussion music.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.

Last edited by komitsuki : 09-13-2009 at 11:40 PM.
(#258 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
I don't disagree about China becomeing a superpower. They certainly have the population and decent natural resources for such a thing. The real question is wether they have the mentality of a superpower. Traditonally, they seldom try to influence events too far past Asia. I realize they see things in 50 and 100 year marks, I just wonder if the eastern thought process is aligned with the idea of being a superpower.

The US is seen as a world police officer half the time, even if it really doesn't want to be such. Would China wish to take such a role as well? I mean it can get pretty annoying being hated by the world because your a world power. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The CIA, heh, even the US doesn't know exactly what it's doing, it sorta act's like it's own junta sometimes.
Cannot agree with u more! China emphasizes a hands-off foreign policy towards the internal affairs of other countries.
(#259 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

09-14-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
I cannot deny that u r a good student and a good citizen cause u accept your gov's fake way of thinking without reserve!
(#260 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2009, 02:11 AM

People, this thread is supposed to be about what might happen if China becomes a superpower(in a way, I personally believe that it is), not a patriotism war. Every country has its *******. Rather than hating on each other, you should be informing each other about the things going on in your country.

If you're going to debate with each other, make sure you can justify what you're saying, rather than saying," FILTER THIS! FILTER THAT! MY COUNTRY IS BETTER! YOURS SUCKS MASSIVE DONKEY BALLS! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! ", because you're not informing anyone of anything, and your comments cannot be taken seriously if you're not being diplomatic.

We should be trying to understand each other, and most importantly, show others how wrong they are about our respective countries.