LinkBack Thread Tools
(#261 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincken View Post
I cannot deny that u r a good student and a good citizen cause u accept your gov's fake way of thinking without reserve!

What I have accepted is what the Tibetan people themselves have told me time and time again. You and komitsuki can smoke that all you like.
(#262 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-14-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
What I have accepted is what the Tibetan people themselves have told me time and time again. You and komitsuki can smoke that all you like.
You mean those white-washed Westernized ones who can't stand Dorje Shugden followers?

Man, not to mention my university in Canada barred people from doing a Free Tibet activity because of sensitive issues with those Dorje Shugden guys. Besides, thank goodness that Canada is more pro-Chinese than USA.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#263 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-14-2009, 02:58 AM

Dalai Lama. That guy is interesting.

1. He has made a serious schism among his followers and non-Tibetan followers because he suddenly disapproved of worshiping another Tantric deity.
2. His PR is horrible because he accidentally misrepresent himself often to all Western people, saying he is the head of all Buddhist schools (even establishments in China and South East Asia).
3. He said he represents all Tibetan people despite there are lots of modern Bonpo followers in Western Tibet that don't affiliate to Tibetan Buddhism.
4. He discouraged many Sakya, Kagyu, and Nyingma Buddhist establishments in Nepal and Bhutan because of Western countries' "financial treatments".
5. He's a "theocratic" religious figure with heavy control of "secular" politics among refugees. I thought modern politics is against theocracy.

He's a weird guy that my religious studies professor from New Zealand don't want to take him seriously.

Anyway, here's a famous Tibetan-Chinese celebrity for your enjoyment:

Alan Dawa Dolma is her name

(#264 (permalink))
Old
lincken (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to lincken
09-14-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
I dont know from where tibeten u touched , can u be more specific?
Do u mean the Dalai lama and his followers exiled outside China(Tibet) or the local Tibeten who live in Tibet?

You'd better endow appopriote weighing to the whole Tibeten. Why dont u believe in Panchen Lama more than Dalai Lama? dont u feel that strange and groundless?
No matter which Lama u beilive in ,if u really care for Chinese domestic affairs, plz be more advised to have deep insight into what really happened,what is now being distored? And I have a modest suggestion that, if time or fund is available, personly, come to Tibent,abandoning ur biased oppinion before u come..

Last edited by lincken : 09-14-2009 at 03:48 AM.
(#265 (permalink))
Old
joeyj (Offline)
JF Regular

09-14-2009, 04:23 AM

If China becomes the next superpower expect gold farming in WoW to skyrocket to astronomical levels. They'll put unbelievable amounts of money into R&D in figuring out new ways to bypass Blizzard security and export the gold through ebay. Its going to be dark days indeed.

Thank god I don't play WoW!

But seriously, I think they already qualify as a super power. Though they still have a long ways to go in the area of human relations to ever be considered an example setter for the world community.. but compared to what 10-20 years ago, I think they've come quite a ways.
(#266 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
I dont know from where tibeten u touched , can u be more specific?..

From Tibetan people in Tibet; in the streets, the restaurants, taxis, temples, hotels; from Tibetans in Xi'an; from Tibetans living in Japan, and from Tibetans who escaped persecution in China and found refugee status in the US. A pretty uniform attitude all around.
(#267 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Why dont u believe in Panchen Lama more than Dalai Lama? ..

Oh, the little kid abducted by the CCP? Great argument...
(#268 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-14-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Oh, the little kid abducted by the CCP? Great argument...
Other than he's not a little kid anymore. Panchen Lama is chosen from the Chinese authorities, a traditional since the Qing dynasty. This is Gelugpa school of Tibetan Buddhism, politically influenced from Beijing.

And he once lead a huge Buddhist conference event in China as a spokesperson. Great assumption you got there.

It's Tibet... Before the Qing dynasty, there was several hundred years of religious civil war (that makes European religious wars look like juvenile kids' plays) until it was formally stabilized by the Qing negotiators and lead to the acquisition of Tibet. But ever since the Qing dynasty, the position called Dalai Lama has been gathering too much power in that region or sphere of influence and made more power trips after the Qing dynasty. Don't forget, the Qing royal family was the biggest patron of the Gelugpa Tibetan Buddhism.

Other than that, there are several greatest incidents in history that shouldn't be made. One of them is transmitting Tantric Buddhism to a Bonpo-influenced Tibet from today's pre-Islamic Bangladesh.

Either ways of looking around, the Tibet issue is a pain from historical or modern perspectives.

And just to let you know: Five Races Under One Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The birth of modern China is meant to be a multi-ethnic country in the first place.

Last edited by komitsuki : 09-14-2009 at 04:55 AM.
(#269 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-14-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
From Tibetan people in Tibet; in the streets, the restaurants, taxis, temples, hotels; from Tibetans in Xi'an; from Tibetans living in Japan, and from Tibetans who escaped persecution in China and found refugee status in the US. A pretty uniform attitude all around.
That's because they all support a corrupted leader called Dalai Lama. Wait until Dalai Lama's leadership is collapsed within few years, you'll be pretty surprised.

He deserves it just like how Japan's Liberal Democratic Party is collapsed.

Either ways, China is the main party that will benefit.

(#270 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-14-2009, 05:07 AM

I have to say: South Korea will benefit from China's superpower status.

Let South Korea in the SCO (Shanghai Cooperative Organzation) for the sake of stability in that small country!