LinkBack Thread Tools
(#321 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
There's more than one way to view the whole world, right? Of course, you're a PS/IR major and I'm a linguistics (more akin to anthropology, communication studies) major.

And you haven't notice this before?
Well yeah... of course there is more than one way to view the world. But your way is very flawed is all I'm saying.
(#322 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Well yeah... of course there is more than one way to view the world. But your way is very flawed is all I'm saying.
No worries. I think of the same way to you.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#323 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
No worries. I think of the same way to you.
Yeah I know you do

The only difference is that I can take your way of viewing the world to pieces and explain to you the irrationalities in it whereas all you can do is try to say that our differences are irreconcilable.
(#324 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know you do

The only difference is that I can take your way of viewing the world to pieces and explain to you the irrationalities in it whereas all you can do is try to say that our differences are irreconcilable.
What can I say? There are tons of people in Canada (De-Westernizing because of the decades long functional multicultural policies) who want to rip off your beliefs from beginning to end. I was also an ex-IR major for few days before I switched to linguistics.

As a matter of fact, International Relations is no longer a lucrative major these days in Canada... as Peace Studies (IR with a negative critical attitude against the conventional IR views and separately focusing 50% on inter-cultural respect) is becoming increasingly popular instead. This is the "Canadian" leaning of peace studies. As to the topic, Peace Studies in Canada is a popular major among Chinese exchange students.

I have my long list of opposing you guys. Same to you opposing people like me.

Last edited by komitsuki : 09-16-2009 at 02:26 PM.
(#325 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-16-2009, 02:29 PM

[quote]
Quote:
These two sentences doesn't make sense to each other.
You are more of a pessimistic and negative person. Im more of positive and optimistic person.

The world in general has never acted AS ONE for the benefit of all. We act is petty self interest which keeps us divided.

Quote:
I never expected you to say this. Oh well. Guess some people are conflict-driven and short-sighted.
komitsuki your the last person that should even talk about short sightedness im sorry but you need to go back and look at some of the statements you thrown out there over the past coupe of months. Some of which iv consulted my native Asian friends on thinking i couldn't see it from your perspective because of that gap and nope thats not the problem.

If you dont think humanity needs to change then you havent been paying attention. Finally we get to the root what you are all about. Sometimes I dont think you want things to get better you seem to drive on negatives. The link between human advancement through violence and conflict and is proven as a matter of a fact many of the biggest changes in Asia came after an upheaval of violence followed by a period of peace.

Quote:
But the West is the main leading world of everything. The West definitely and only needs to change.
NO everyone needs to change including you including me. I guess what you told me was a lie i thought you were a person who i sometimes disagreed with but you were a sensible person. However your words are not showing what you had told me. I think i still have you PM i will see if i can find and send it to you then you will know what im talking about.

while your at it why not blame the west for the lack of oxygen in space.

(#326 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
What can I say? I'm also an ex-IR major for few days before I switched to linguistics.

As a matter of fact, International Relations is no longer a lucrative major these days in Canada... as Peace Studies (IR with a negative critical attitude against the conventional IR views and separately focusing 50% on inter-cultural respect) is becoming increasingly popular instead. This is the "Canadian" leaning of peace studies. As to the topic, Peace Studies in Canada is a popular major among Chinese exchange students.

I have my long list of opposing you guys. Same to you opposing people like me.
How does your opinion go again?

"China and her allies will prevail, the west will fall like a paper tiger"

For someone who supposedly has a list of qualifications under their belt. Your arguments are kind of disappointing.

Frankly I don't care what you study or who you study with. I'm only interested in the reasoning of your argument. Your degree is no good if you can't present your opinions rationally.
(#327 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
NO everyone needs to change including you including me. I guess what you told me was a lie
More like you didn't understand me in the first place. You're too optimist. That's a very bad thing.

(#328 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
How does your opinion go again?

"China and her allies will prevail, the west will fall like a paper tiger"

For someone who supposedly has a list of qualifications under their belt. Your arguments are kind of disappointing.
That's because we think opposite.

Quote:
present your opinions rationally.
Can you present your opinions rationally in the context of culture, please? Then I can agree with you.

(#329 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-16-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That's because we think opposite.
No it's not because we think opposite. I can respect a well-reasoned argument I don't agree with.

Quote:
Can you present your opinions rationally in the context of culture, please? Then I can agree with you.
You're going to have to be more specific. Which particular opinion would you like me to repeat to you and in what way would you like me to refer to culture?

I'm willing to take up this challenge you've set. Were you sincerely offering it to me or was it some sort of bluff move you set up to make you sound intelligent?
(#330 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No it's not because we think opposite. I can respect a well-reasoned argument I don't agree with.
I bet you have a lot of criticisms from Edward Said's Orientalism.

Quote:
I'm willing to take up this challenge you've set. Were you sincerely offering it to me or was it some sort of bluff move you set up to make you sound intelligent?
No, so I can understand you more.

Other than that, sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore.