JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Anubis_Jill (Offline)
Aishiteru

Send a message via ICQ to Anubis_Jill Send a message via AIM to Anubis_Jill Send a message via MSN to Anubis_Jill
Talking The Tea House - 07-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Hello there! Welcome to the tea house! A place to relax and talk about your problems, aspirations, etc. Or mainly tea!
Tea is a calming exercise in many countries, it relaxes the mind and reenergizes the body. Japan believes the experience of tea is each a one in a life time experience, meaning the moment will never happen again. But you can still enjoy each experience!! I will post up simple tea remedies to relax the mind.
Fell free to post up your own recipes!
[Todays tea] A great Japanese tea, green tea to be exact! I prefer this tea to be served hot, not cool or cold. I also like it unsweet. =D Not to mention this tea has wonderful health benefits!
Recipe 1: Okinawan Green Tea
First use fresh cool water, if tap let water run for 30 seconds until you fill up the pot.
Next, let pot boil water until steaming or whistle sounds: lower the heat.
Put in loose green tea leaves or bagged (It does not matter) I like to have some leaves in my tea.
The longer you let them seep the stronger the taste.
If you must add sugar add it in before you add anything else, because depending on what you add before it, it may take longer for the sugar to dissolve.
To keep pot of tea hot, use a tea cozy. =D
There you go! Enjoy and talk about your problems until they go away! =D Or just use this thread to get to know one another more. Cheers to this JF family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green-tea2.jpg (12.3 KB, 61 views)

"BaKa Mo IcHi-GeI..."
"Even a fool has one talent..."
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

Location: Versailles, France (not Hellmouth, Sunnydale, lol!)
Send a message via MSN to KitsuneFr Send a message via Yahoo to KitsuneFr
07-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Hi!
I really enjoy sencha, so nice from you to make such a so nice thread !

I use to buy some sencha in pouches (bio from Kagoshima).
Else I have some other in free leaves packets, that doesn't matter to have some leaves into my cup too. I like it hot, but I only let infuse longer the little bags to get it more bitter, but for those in free leaves, I only let them infuse the less time possible.
I never add sugar (and even in coffee I never add it. I like sugar but for me tea or coffee's tastes are denatured by sugar...)

sore no tame ni, arigatô gozaimashita!

Qu'est ce qui pourrait être plus beau que les fleurs de cerisier?
さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(Sakura no hana ga daisuki desu yo!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Anubis_Jill (Offline)
Aishiteru

Send a message via ICQ to Anubis_Jill Send a message via AIM to Anubis_Jill Send a message via MSN to Anubis_Jill
07-26-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneFr View Post
Hi!
I really enjoy sencha, so nice from you to make such a so nice thread !

I use to buy some sencha in pouches (bio from Kagoshima).
Else I have some other in free leaves packets, that doesn't matter to have some leaves into my cup too. I like it hot, but I only let infuse longer the little bags to get it more bitter, but for those in free leaves, I only let them infuse the less time possible.
I never add sugar (and even in coffee I never add it. I like sugar but for me tea or coffee's tastes are denatured by sugar...)

sore no tame ni, arigatô gozaimashita!
Thank you, I'm glad you liked the thread. I hope people will post up their favorite teas if I can't post up daily teas.
Enjoy yourselves and socialize, and please remember to respect everyone's opinion! Thank you KitsuneFr for your post about your favorite tea. Let's be a great JF family! =D (Sounds like a commercial)

"BaKa Mo IcHi-GeI..."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

07-26-2008, 02:15 AM

Right now I love my Jasmine flavoured Green Tea.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#5 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-26-2008, 03:03 AM

i have tasted green tea but i didnt like it !!

however i agree that there is sometimes nothing mor relaxing than a nice cuppa !!! (maybe sometimes a hot chocolate as well)

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#6 (permalink))
Old
GentlePrincessJC (Offline)
is on TEAM ZERO.

Send a message via MSN to GentlePrincessJC
07-26-2008, 07:37 AM

i want to try sakura tea cuz i heard the lil flowers bloom so cool but i cant find it anymore thats my frustration lol!

- 「 BANG <3 BANG! 」 -
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Anubis_Jill (Offline)
Aishiteru

07-26-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlePrincessJC View Post
i want to try sakura tea cuz i heard the lil flowers bloom so cool but i cant find it anymore thats my frustration lol!
I love flower teas too! They have a sweet tartness to them. I'm sure you can find some at a local asian market if you have one. There are some here and they have so many teas!!! @_@ Like 2 isles of nothing but imported teas! (I should take a picture next time I go haha )

Todays tea!!! (A twist on ice tea) Icicle tea
I actually am making popsicle teas right now since it is so hot here. ^^""
What I did was make at least 2 different types of tea
The first was raspberry tea
and the second was peach tea. C=
I do not have popsicle molds so I used an ice tray. ^^"
I just poured each tea in it's own separate ice tray and set in the freezer for about an hour. (My freezer is set pretty high so it was practically rock solid!!)
They taste so good XD I was surprised lol. But I hung outside in the hot sun to tan my pasteh self and these helped me a lot. XD
Try it, have fun and enjoy! I will surely do this again lol

"BaKa Mo IcHi-GeI..."

Last edited by Anubis_Jill : 07-26-2008 at 08:40 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
GentlePrincessJC (Offline)
is on TEAM ZERO.

Send a message via MSN to GentlePrincessJC
07-27-2008, 06:25 AM

lol now you're making me hungry but they dont have a market here otherwise id so buy some i checked on amazon but they dont sell any there either.

- 「 BANG <3 BANG! 」 -
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
07-27-2008, 07:39 AM

I don't really like any tea except for the original flavor...andsweet tea. Hot tea is so yummy but takes me forever to drink cus its so hot
(#10 (permalink))
Old
egenglert (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to egenglert Send a message via Yahoo to egenglert Send a message via Skype™ to egenglert
07-27-2008, 08:08 AM

I'm really quite fond of macha, sencha, genmaicha...

I'm gonna go make some but first, a tea story:

I arrived at the ryokan in Hakone, and I take off my shoes and was wearing tabi, and the staff were impressed that I actually knew what tabi were. The woman who led us to our room left and we changed into our yukata. She came back about a half an hour later with tea and mochi with ume inside (yum) and was again impressed that I had brought my own yukata. I then requested to have macha served at breakfast and she said "you are very knowledgeable about Japan and our culture, you are the first foreigner to stay here to know what macha is." she then whispered something to the woman beside her and she brought in another tray of mochi and ume and some macha, as a 'you are an amazing kid so this extra tray of sweets and macha are free' thing.

Okay, now I shall get my tea.