JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-28-2008, 06:14 AM

my point of view is this - unless i see every nation on earth all collectively helping to look after this planet - then i aint doing shit.

At the end of the day this planet and nature is bigger than all of us inlcuding all our nucleur weapons etc. and It will wipe us out in a single earthquake or naural disaster and therby regenerate itself.

Humans wont kill this planet - this planet will kill humans.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-28-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
my point of view is this - unless i see every nation on earth all collectively helping to look after this planet - then i aint doing shit.

At the end of the day this planet and nature is bigger than all of us inlcuding all our nucleur weapons etc. and It will wipe us out in a single earthquake or naural disaster and therby regenerate itself.

Humans wont kill this planet - this planet will kill humans.
Understandable, but that attitude isn't good for your health. Charitable work is good for your health. Also, I included "community" because one person rarely changes the world. But we can make our immediate communities better places to live.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-28-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Well... me making the world a better place involves isolation from the locals, and refusing to shop at their markets... Oh well...
Tenchu, I can't believe I'm saying this, but .. Those are great things you did. Upholding virtue (from Tnechu!) is what it's all about.