LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-13-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
What Kanji meant to say is that if people feel like bashing each other over the Internet by typing stuff out, they don't have to do it on this site. Why would someone join a forum about Japan to spend their time talking shit about other people? Making a special section for this purpose is like saying: hey guys, it's okay to be a bitch and talk crap about everyone and their mom as long as you keep it in the right section.
I kinda agree with that. I guess the main problem with JF is the lack of moderators but not a lack of moderation. People just gang up on someone just because they agree with 2 or 3 other people and try to paint some sort of picture that you are the villain. That by no means says that those people are right. That is a situation where good judgment is needed and if we had more of it now, I think there'd be less problems.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 08-13-2008 at 05:15 PM.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-13-2008, 05:13 PM

Strangely enough, this thread has encountered some disagreements but hasn't gone into full blown name calling yet..

Probably because it's not such a passionate subject, but still.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
Yeah, but I'm saying why make a restriction when it isn't an issue? It'll be fixing something that isn't broken.
True enough. If this thread went ahead, the number of posts idea would probably be closest to being fair.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#74 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Strangely enough, this thread has encountered some disagreements but hasn't gone into full blown name calling yet..

Probably because it's not such a passionate subject, but still.
<< If it keeps going like this sooner or later someone well come in.. and it'll get there.
Lmfao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Heh, so you do think people f*ck with me.

I'm facing so much of it that now i'm thinking i'm really the one who is to blame.

I don't think people like me belong on a forum. I'm too used to Real Life.
A serious discussion thread would prolly have me being "dick" status there too. I just can't leave ignorant people alone and ignorance likes company.. so its few of the same people vs me.
Oh trust me I know how you feel.
I'm the forum bitch anytime I go off I'm being my "usual self".
And yea it really does fuck with your head and make you go " Man.. am I really that bad..?"
When in person most people think I'm really nice and relaxed.
I suppose we're just unlucky.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

08-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yeah, stupidity doesn't go away just because you've reached the mature age (of... 16?ha!) since, unfortunately, maturity and age don't always go together.

What Kanji meant to say is that if people feel like bashing each other over the Internet by typing stuff out, they don't have to do it on this site. Why would someone join a forum about Japan to spend their time talking shit about other people? Making a special section for this purpose is like saying: hey guys, it's okay to be a bitch and talk crap about everyone and their mom as long as you keep it in the right section.
exactly. I know of a Sims forum where they actually do have a section like that.

How can people be expected to be respectful etc. of others everywhere else in the forum, if they're allowed to do elsewise in one area of the forum?

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#76 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-13-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post

Oh trust me I know how you feel.
I'm the forum bitch anytime I go off I'm being my "usual self".
And yea it really does fuck with your head and make you go " Man.. am I really that bad..?"
When in person most people think I'm really nice and relaxed.
I suppose we're just unlucky.
Ok next time I see someone doing that to you, you'll have some backup.
Depends if I agree with you or not () but I won't add to the fire, if you get what I mean.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-13-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie2590 View Post
Maybe better moderation is the only solution to this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivion
the main problem with JF is the lack of moderators but not a lack of moderation
Sure thing.

If we had more mods that got on at least once a day, then it would be possible to have the sort of threads Misa suggested.

Kanji does his job just fine but he's just one person, why do we have... 5 mods if only one of them is an active member? Why was CoolNard made a mod if he doesn't have time to drop by? We should speak to Eki and make him understand we need more mods that are actually available and can keep an eye on the forum. People come and go, so moderators should be changed from time to time when one of them stops being active and the job should be assigned to someone else who's willing to do it and can be on frequently. Would that be so hard to do? o.Ô

everything is relative and contradictory ~

Last edited by Suki : 08-13-2008 at 05:22 PM.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

08-13-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
True enough. If this thread went ahead, the number of posts idea would probably be closest to being fair.
Easy for you to say. People like me don't post enough on here to reach 1000 posts in a reasonable amount of time. Also, there are plenty of immature people with 1000+ posts or near that amount.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

08-13-2008, 05:21 PM

Well, and I know this has been said already, but the only problem I could see with that is the post count idea.

Not because it would seperate the active from the rest, so much, but because the people that get away with constant spamming and other immature posts are generally able to raise their post counts exponentially by the end of a single week.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."
(#80 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

08-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie2590 View Post
Easy for you to say. People like me don't post enough on here to reach 1000 posts in a reasonable amount of time. Also, there are plenty of immature people with 1000+ posts or near that amount.
That is easy enough to remedy. You could just halve the number of posts required. 1000 is too much I agree but that way, immature people with above 1000 posts in that thread will stand out much more. Then they can be dealt with by the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
Well, and I know this has been said already, but the only problem I could see with that is the post count idea.

Not because it would seperate the active from the rest, so much, but because the people that get away with constant spamming and other immature posts are generally able to raise their post counts exponentially by the end of a single week.

Just thought I'd mention it.
The idea definitely needs more brainstorming.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers