Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM

----------------------
I moved these posts to a new thread from here:
What computer do you have?
The first post was on topic, so wasn`t moved here. It`s quoted a few posts down though.
-Nyororin
----------------------

That's the EE one right?

Last edited by Nyororin : 02-22-2009 at 04:16 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-21-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
That's the EE one right?
Actually, no it`s not. It`s sort of a step up from that series, with a real graphics chip, HDMI out, better battery, etc.
Dredging through the incredibly slow US Asus page, I found the English specs for it - or at least they appear to be the same. The Japanese ones are already linked in my original post.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Actually, no it`s not. It`s sort of a step up from that series, with a real graphics chip, HDMI out, better battery, etc.
Dredging through the incredibly slow US Asus page, I found the English specs for it - or at least they appear to be the same. The Japanese ones are already linked in my original post.
So how much does it cost in Japan?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

02-21-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
So how much does it cost in Japan?
We got it for 54800, with a bonus of 10% store points.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-21-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
We got it for 54800, with a bonus of 10% store points.
Wow, that's cheap. Here, it costs 82417.

Last edited by Aniki : 02-21-2009 at 06:01 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
vilQ (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to vilQ
02-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
My main machine is custom built, and I don`t feel like typing out all the info at the moment... But just wanted to come in and gloat about buying this today;

The new portable toy.
Was thinking of buying a small laptop myself. How does that one handle watching videos and other a little more demanding things I like to do while traveling?

A million miles till I'm done.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Ah, well thats good, Intel x3000's or whatever the integrated are just don't cut it. I'm kinda surprised though that a laptop that small would have an HDMI out, that would make me think it's got a BluRay player or something along those lines. What's the battery life like?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ff7rockerman (Offline)
JF Regular

02-21-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilQ View Post
Was thinking of buying a small laptop myself. How does that one handle watching videos and other a little more demanding things I like to do while traveling?
there actully called netbooks there pretty much only good for browsing the web and using word processing programs and stuff like that

its always sunny in Philadelphia best show ever ^^
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

02-22-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilQ View Post
It seems to do alright up to 720p video, but starts to have trouble with 1080p - dropping frames, etc. So it could definitely handle most video out there, in my opinion. It would have absolutely no problem with DVD level video.

The screen only supports up to 1024x600, but with the card itself supports much higher - so if you hook it to another monitor or to a television via HDMI you can get 1080p+.

I definitely wouldn`t try to do anything truly intensive on it, but for video and the net it`s more than good enough. We have tons of 720p video which would not even come close to playing on some of the cheaper true netbooks - but it works without a snag on this one. I`d say this is a tiny laptop rather than a netbook...

Quote:
Ah, well thats good, Intel x3000's or whatever the integrated are just don't cut it. I'm kinda surprised though that a laptop that small would have an HDMI out, that would make me think it's got a BluRay player or something along those lines. What's the battery life like?
This is a bit more of a lightweight business laptop than a netbook. There is no integrated drive, so you`d have to buy an external to even play DVDs... Plus I don`t really think it could handle Bluray. However, I do have to admit I only tested 1080p video with h.264, which isn`t exactly the least CPU intensive codec out there. So it may very well be able to manage Bluray. I don`t have a drive with which to check.
The battery is supposed to be around 7 hours (7.1 according to the official specs) - Right now, I`m at 32% battery after 5.5 hours of use at the second highest power setting (CPU full power, but screen backlight at half), so it`s looking quite nice. Definitely better than the 3 hours that seem to be the average at the lowest power setting on the average netbook.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Ff7rockerman (Offline)
JF Regular

02-22-2009, 04:58 AM

i wouldn't suggest anyone buy these if you plan on watching alot of videos or using music on them they limit the hard drive and make it very small so if your getting about 80gb hard drive usely thats what they give or 60 expect it to be -20 GB cause of the operating system and other crap they put on it ram is really minimum on them but for the price there nice for browsing web and using word processing programs as i said above also if its just a occasional DVD or something you plan on watching it should work pretty much fine

its always sunny in Philadelphia best show ever ^^