JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
09-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkindus View Post
sorry I couldn´t resist:

YouTube - FRANCO- HITLER EN HENDAYA II GUERRA MUNDIAL

and lets not even talk about what ´your´ people did in the america´s and europa.

no hate intended.
Yeah, he was a fascist, just as bad as Hitler, but didn't have an army like Germany's, that's the only difference there ever was between the two.

Hey I didn't mean to start a fight, I know Tsu and don't think my comment will piss her off. Besides >> , meaning my comment wasn't to be taken offensively. I don't know a whole lot of Germans but the few ones I have met over the past years were all excellent people, I hold nothing against them.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Alkindus (Offline)
JF Regular

09-04-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yeah, he was a fascist, just as bad as Hitler, but didn't have an army like Germany's, that's the only difference there ever was between the two.

Hey I didn't mean to start a fight, I know Tsu and don't think my comment will piss her off. Besides >> , meaning my comment wasn't to be taken offensively. I don't know a whole lot of Germans but the few ones I have met over the past years were all excellent people, I hold nothing against them.
lol, I know I still have bruises from my last e-fights. people ain´t playing on these wicked streets man.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

09-04-2008, 07:36 PM

We don't play, brah. I'm from the e-streets. E-WEST SIDE 4 life! *Makes the word internet with his fingers.*

*Takes a hit from the e-joint*

(#124 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

09-05-2008, 07:17 AM

to everyone who replied to me,

Thank you, socialized was the term i was looking for! I think everyone is entitled to healthcare if they pay for it. I don't want to pay for theirs. They can either pay for the health care here, like everyone else, or go back to their country and get it. Every case isn't an accident where they need treatment right away or they die. People know they need health care, for instance having to take pills everyday or giving birth. Before they come here, they know they are getting it for free, too. They know they can work and not have to pay taxes. Its why they come. There life before isn't necessarily shit. Like what someone said before, its what your born into and we each have to deal with it.

What I mean by free health care, is that you can go and get it whenever and is basically free. I know how its funded, through taxes. If there US had changed to a socialized health care system, income taxes would increase exponentially (to 50% even). More of my money gone. I don't need to go to the doctor all the time and pay huge fees, but regardless I would have to pay them anyway. Illegal immigrants, can go and have major procedures done and get all this medical attention for dirt cheap if not free and I'm paying for it. I want to use the money I work hard for on myself and my family, not some illegal immigrant to take advantage of these 'gaps' in our rules right now. Call me selfish, its how it should be.

Bottom line. Individuals should pay for what they get and earn what they work for.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-05-2008, 07:54 AM

I actually agree with the illegal immigrants thing. I do feel it's unfair that illegal immigrants can get so much care. I have no problem with anyone coming to the country and trying to become citizens and doing everything the legal way.

I'm also not against universal health care, though. It's expensive to get on our own where some people are concerned, especially those with a medical condition (I'm a diabetic, which means I need meds and am technically supposed to see a physician every three or four months, but don't due to how expensive it is, unless one goes to a clinic that's run on donations). Seems that most of those in my family who are in my generation (mother's side; her and her sisters' children) don't have health care because it's expensive or either the jobs don't offer it. There are exceptions, all of the cousins (3) who are older than me (there's a five year gap between me and the next older cousin) have insurance. Those from me on down don't have it, jobs don't offer it, 'cept for one, but only because she's a nurse, and the ones under 18 (2) because they're in school still.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 09-05-2008 at 07:57 AM.
(#126 (permalink))
Old
MayLinn (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to MayLinn
09-05-2008, 08:36 AM

I am proud of Norway. we dont have to pay for medical care here.. theres beautiful nature everywhere...clean water.... we have
no skyscrapers ,not here in Larvik anyway (.but in oslo theres a few..)
there are few to none homeless people here ,and they are homeless by choise....(for different reasons....) social security give you money for as long as you need++++++++ much more perks...
so yes im really proud of my country
(#127 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

09-05-2008, 10:51 AM

Hell yes, Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#128 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneoni View Post
For realz?

How come?

Compared to the last election between george bush and john kerry, this time the selections are quite definitive and not alot of that grey area stuff, like last time.
yeah i def know who i'm voting for this time XD i'm just interested in how the results will end up though o_O

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#129 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

09-05-2008, 04:20 PM

Word, I think impeachment should be a democratic system as well, well sort. Collectively speaking. The people that voted for said president should be allowed to vote him out of office. Instead of the selective jury. If the reasons someone was elected are no longer substantial then he should be removed. I think if they add that, things would be more intresting and a more infraining body of government would be born. Otherwise we're stuck with him for the next 4 years unless he does a big slip up.

(#130 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

09-07-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkindus View Post

Yo Noodle about the ´free people´/Amazigh: I have read many things about them (probably have some ´Amazigh blood to lol) and what amazed me was that I couldn´t find where the originally came from(africa/middle-east) but people started calling themselves the free people after Shesshonq (forgive the spelling) the first libian/amazigh, Pharaoh of Egypt, 8 amazigh pharaohs followed after. u know that the amazigh live in the year 2977 +- right?

Here is the interesting and very controversial part, many people think I am mad for this theory but what the hell I´ll just drop it the bomb: Moses was an Amazigh. don´t laugh yet. he never called himself moses....the free people were slaves in egypt ones.

what was the first thing Sheshonq did when he became the pharaoh? indeed he took over the land which is now known as Palestine and Israel, Jordan etc. we are talking about 1000 BC time period...

now people call me crazy, but look at the EXTREMELY paralel lifes of Sheshonq and Moses, from infant and outsider to emperor, there is no evidence for an exodus, but we have evidence that thousands and thousands of people started calling themselves the ´free people´ after he became pharaoh, thats when the year count started and thats when Egypt/Khemet Changed forever.

there are a thousand reasons why I believe what I believe I recommend everyone that is interested in history to do some research about this u will notice it´s not just a wild theory. the knowledge and the wisdom of the sands tell us a lot.
Sheshonq wasn't the first Pharaoh. Ramses II was berber too, and he was a couple hundred years before... Berbers date some of their history back 5000 years without including the neolithic period (stone age), as there wasn't really much history. It was so called berbers who were just hunters..., but you're right, noone really knows where we came from... lol, we're in 2958...
And haha, you might very well be berber. Genetic studies show that MOST north Africas are from berber decent whether they call themselves Arab or Berber. However, that's a touchy subject amongst many north Africans, lol, so I doubt they will ever come up with anything very solid to prove this fully!

That's an interesting theory, I've never heard this one before... You could very well be right about it. I'll have to do a bit more research on Moses however to see the similarities. One thing I'm not too sure about however is the berbers calling themselves berber after Sheshonq. The well known thing about Berbers is that they never saw any emporer, king or Pharoah as their leader. They were "free people". They lived in tribes and only ever came together in war times to fight off the invaders (which is pretty frequently as they were on a land everyone seemed to want. Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Carthagians/phoenicians, can't remember what they're called in english etc)

Last edited by noodle : 09-07-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Closed Thread