JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

Unhappy 09-03-2008, 07:51 PM

I'm from Mexico. I really can't say I'm proud of my country. First of all, I wasn't even raised in my country. I was raised in the U.S. for almost all my life so far. I was given many opportunities that I know I wouldn't got in my country. Mexico is doing really bad right. There's many kidnappers everywhere and the country is mostly run by the Mexican Mafia. You cant trust anyone because even the police is working for the bad guys. I heard they were going to fix this a long time ago and nothing has happen and they are saying the thing again.During the 2008 Olympics, they only won 3 medals in total. I heard some of the trainers didn't train right there students and didnt even explain the rules right. I know that some of my family is saying that I'm ignorant and that is not truth what is happening, but I know is truth.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

Last edited by Zagato289 : 09-03-2008 at 07:59 PM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

09-03-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
I'd like to see the US evolve into a more supportive country. I'm starting to respect it, a tiny bit. Maybe in about ten years, it'll have my respect.

However, in no way will I ever have respect for Texas. x]
Why won't you have respect for Texas. I live there and its a wonderfull place.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#33 (permalink))
Old
Senbee (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2008, 08:28 PM

I am US American and German. Yeah and both of em have a pretty bad reputation. Buuut I dont care. I am not reeeeally proud but I will cheer for the German soccer team or the American Basketball team. I don't think you have to be super crazy proud but just a little tiny bit xD. I tend to like countries that are hated by others though. During the Olympics people were booing the Irak and Iran team so I was totaly hoping theyd get a medal.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Sketchy (Offline)
Kind of a big deal

09-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbee View Post
During the Olympics people were booing the Irak and Iran team so I was totaly hoping theyd get a medal.
lol were they?, that's pretty dumb.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Senbee (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2008, 08:33 PM

yup Pakistan, Iran and Irak weren't exactly praised. Ehh People really should seperate stupid politics from sports.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM

not proud of america~ not proud of texas~ not proud of houston x]

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Senbee (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2008, 08:57 PM

haha well if would live in Houston id just pick some random country, do some research and become a fan of that country.

For example Trinidad and Tubago haha. Even though you don't live there, probably will never live there and perhaps don't speak spanish you could be proud of it xD. Then watch all the soccer games or whatever your favorite sports if of Trinidad and Tubago and in only a couple month you will be proud of a country that you barely even knew before .

Perhaps it doesnt make sense but thats surely what I would do
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM

I am proud of America just very disappointed in how the country has been run these past 8 years. Although this current administration has made countless mistakes lied many times as a whole i am proud. What amazes me is that in just 8 short yet long years the accomplishments and good America has done around the world in the past has been forgotten. To me an everyday Joe in the UK,Japan,China,Algeria,Iraq,Kenya is just doing their best to get by and make a living for themselves and their family. You can be proud of your country but you do not have to like your Government. Hopefully the next president of the U.S. can bring back the pride that so many Americans feel they have lost and we can become a more supportive country instead of being perceived as a bully. Because honestly majority of Americans are not like that.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
09-03-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
not proud of america~ not proud of texas~ not proud of houston x]
Oh my gosh, yes! Dude, yuujirou, we need to hang out sometime! xD It's so boring here in Houston! >_<

Zagato289, try growing up here, and traveling all around Texas for a majority of your life as "vacation", and then, please, tell me not to hate it. xD

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Aoiru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2008, 11:07 PM

Japan pride! Nara Power!
Yes, I'm proud. It is calm here.

But I want to go other countries soon! >o<

花は桜 君は美し 春のこもれび 君の微笑み
冬が終わり 雪が溶けて 君の心に春が舞い込む...

[/size]
Closed Thread