JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#401 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-03-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Yes.
lol, nice white text >.>

I dont think I should have to to though. I know enough about the place I live to know whether I should hate it or not..right? But if I say that, it's just dispalying ignorance because I haven't tried other countries. In a way its like saying "I hate Superman 64" When you've only played that game your whole life...sure, it might be the worst game in the world in some others opinions but, you haven't had the chance to play "Super Mario 64" Now have you?

I'm rambling, sorry. >.<

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#402 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
So having said that, should I take my statement and change it to "I hate -insert long list of things I hate about America-"?
Pretty much, yeah.

You don't know anything BUT America, so don't appreciate the things that you don't know you take for granted by living here. I am talking about things like walking on grass, hearing birds chirp, having a Coke whenever you want one, having electricity and running water 24/7....
(#403 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-03-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Pretty much, yeah.

You don't know anything BUT America, so don't appreciate the things that you don't know you take for granted by living here. I am talking about things like walking on grass, hearing birds chirp, having a Coke whenever you want one, having electricity and running water 24/7....
Now I'm just messing around. I completely agree with you.

1.I am not an animal, I dont care about green on the ground.
2.Birds annoy me in the middle of the day when I'm trying to sleep at 5pm
3.....Coke is well. Alright coke is good stuff.
4.Electricity runs everything..without it the world would basically cease to exist right now >.<
5....Who needs water? I can bathe in my own filth!

(#404 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
That is why I don't think people who have never lived (and I mean "lived") outside of their home country can say "I hate it" because you have nothing to compare it to.
I'm sure the people in North Korea will agree with you
(#405 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2009, 03:58 AM

I don't hate America I just dislike the way it is going. The politicians don't listen to people anymore even though we vote for certain things,they are looking out for their own needs first. Also we are too busy butting into other peoples problems and taking care of them financially. We need to concentrate on America and take care of Americans first. Also, America needs to get tougher on illegal immigrants. If you want to come to America and work illegally they should put you on a chain gang for a year and let you work here and then deport you.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#406 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
I'm sure the people in North Korea will agree with you
If life in North Korea is so horrible, why are so many so in love with their leader and government?

Because they don't know any better...my point made again, only in reverse. Extreme patriots often have never spent much or any time outside of their country.
(#407 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

08-03-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Because they don't know any better...my point made again, only in reverse. Extreme patriots often have never spent much or any time outside of their country.
haha are you serious?
(#408 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
haha are you serious?
I am always serious.
(#409 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-03-2009, 09:19 AM

I don't hate my country...it's the only one I've ever lived in, so it's all I know. I'm not proud of some of the things my country has done, but that's probably normal for any country. I don't see how anyone could hate one's own country, unless it's just really really terrible and negative.
(#410 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

08-03-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I am always serious.
This is true...I've seen MMM make a joke maybe one time, and it turned out it had a deeper meaning behind it anyways xD

Closed Thread