JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#441 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-04-2009, 06:54 AM

I'm not really a fan of America anymore. I used to think Obama was good, but he's messing up SO bad right now. >[

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#442 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
I'm not really a fan of America anymore. I used to think Obama was good, but he's messing up SO bad right now. >[
What's he doing? I havn't been following the news right now.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#443 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
I'm sure I'll like my life in Japan more than my life in America. And so what if i say Japan accepts people who are different? I know they do. They have communities over there where the residents are of carribean background. If that's not an acceptance of differences, then what is?
What race are you?

You might be in for a little bit of a shock. LOL.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#444 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-04-2009, 06:56 AM

He just screwed up the already screwed economy more, and all he cares about are his dogs.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#445 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-04-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Why? This is on topic. It thinks white people spoil the essence of the great US of A. Perhaps, upon explaining, we'll come to realize an actual point.

Don't just tell us to stop. How about asking us nicely to just keep it civil (which I am; I really don't care why it thinks I ruin its life).
So i'm "it" now you sack of shit? (FYI- the "aren't you a racist prick" quote is what I tried to copy from your post to make into a quote, but i made an accident. There were so many quotes on your post, i tried to single your response to mine out. Sorry bout' that little incident. ) You know what, how about you PM me so that we don't get off topic and we don't disturb the others. You can be as uncivil as you like there. I know I will.
(#446 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-04-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
What race are you?

You might be in for a little bit of a shock. LOL.
I'm black and I have some Native American blood in me as well. What's the big shock you have in store for me?
(#447 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
So i'm "it" now you sack of shit? (FYI- the "aren't you a racist prick" quote is what I tried to copy from your post to make into a quote, but i made an accident. There were so many quotes on your post, i tried to single your response to mine out. Sorry bout' that little incident. ) You know what, how about you PM me so that we don't get off topic and we don't disturb the others. You can be as uncivil as you like there. I know I will.
No, you clearly have some mental hick-ups you've picked up in American culture. I think htis is perfect topic.

By saying "it" I'm referring to your gender. I don't know if you're male or female.

There is no needs for insults. Please stay relaxed, or we won't get anywhere.

Say again, what did the white people do to you that ruined America for you.

(#448 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
I'm black and I have some Native American blood in me as well. What's the big shock you have in store for me?
Japanese usually dislike dark skin... like, really, a lot. Also, being a foreigner, you'll be in the gaijin minority, and pointed out worse than in America constantly.

(#449 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-04-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I'm sure I'll like my life in Japan more than my life in America. And so what if i say Japan accepts people who are different? I know they do. They have communities over there where the residents are of carribean background. If that's not an acceptance of differences, then what is?
Again, pardon my directness, but do you really live in the US?

Japan is essentially a homogeneous society. America is made up of people from all around the world. To say there is a place where Caribbeans live in Japan as proof of how accepting Japan is of difference and proving how America isn't is the most upside-down thinking I have ever heard. I dare say not a country or ethnicity or religion in the world does not have some community of some sort somewhere in the US. Including Caribbeans.
(#450 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-04-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
No, you clearly have some mental hick-ups you've picked up in American culture. I think htis is perfect topic.

By saying "it" I'm referring to your gender. I don't know if you're male or female.

There is no needs for insults. Please stay relaxed, or we won't get anywhere.

Say again, what did the white people do to you that ruined America for you.
Sorry. I tend to get angry when people criticize me for my opinions. I'm female btw. And for the white people thing I thought you would know. I'm not saying that all white people are racist, just a number of them. A big number. They treat us like we're not people, they are unfair to us in the justice system, educational system and in society itself. I'll give you an example. Two people, a white person and a black person, do the same crimes like robbing a store with a gun. They both get caught. The white guy gets maybe 5 years and is on probation after being released while the black guy gets twice that amount without parole. You're telling me you never noticed it before?
Closed Thread