JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#451 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
I'm not saying that all white people are racist, just a number of them.
No, don't worry. We're ALL racist. xD

Just kidding. :]

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#452 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Again, pardon my directness, but do you really live in the US?

Japan is essentially a homogeneous society. America is made up of people from all around the world. To say there is a place where Caribbeans live in Japan as proof of how accepting Japan is of difference and proving how America isn't is the most upside-down thinking I have ever heard. I dare say not a country or ethnicity or religion in the world does not have some community of some sort somewhere in the US. Including Caribbeans.
Maybe you should look into that then. It's a thought. From what I've heard from my friend, his brother lives in Japan and they have those types of communities. Your word against his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
No, don't worry. We're ALL racist. xD

Just kidding. :]
HAHAHAHA! LOL. That made me happy just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Japanese usually dislike dark skin... like, really, a lot. Also, being a foreigner, you'll be in the gaijin minority, and pointed out worse than in America constantly.
I'll be the judge of that. LOL. When I go. If it's true, then i still won't care.

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-04-2009 at 07:32 AM.
(#453 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-04-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
HAHAHAHA! LOL. That made me happy just now.
You're welcome, and good night, JF.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#454 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-04-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
You're welcome, and good night, JF.
Good night Aota. Sleep tight. LOL.
(#455 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
They treat us like we're not people, they are unfair to us in the justice system, educational system and in society itself. I'll give you an example. Two people, a white person and a black person, do the same crimes like robbing a store with a gun. They both get caught. The white guy gets maybe 5 years and is on probation after being released while the black guy gets twice that amount without parole. You're telling me you never noticed it before?
Have you ever been a victim of legal irresponsibility, or known some one directly who has?

How is their education system unfair for you?

I know the education system in the US is racist, but I didn't think it'd bother you. To get into some universities, people who are not white get an extra 5 free points on their entry exam. The reason is they usually score lower, and the schools were looking bad being full of whites.

Pretty unfair to any white kids who scored better than others, but, yet still can't go. Yup, racist.

... WTF is going on in this thread? Posts dissappearing. Anyway, if you care about racism, you'll notice it more in Asia. So I'd think twice if you can't handle America.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#456 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-04-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Maybe you should look into that then. It's a thought. From what I've heard from my friend, his brother lives in Japan and they have those types of communities. Your word against his.
But you live in America, right? You know there are ethic communities all over America, including Caribbean, right? I am not sure what your point is.

Quote:
If it's true, then i still won't care.
So you don't like America because of racism, but if there was racism in Japan you wouldn't care?

Hanging up my hat on this one. Enjoy.

Last edited by MMM : 08-04-2009 at 08:19 AM.
(#457 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
So you don't like America because of racism, but if there was racism in Japan you wouldn't care?
Yes. This is where I got really confused.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#458 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-04-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm sure I'll like my life in Japan more than my life in America. And so what if i say Japan accepts people who are different? I know they do. They have communities over there where the residents are of carribean background. If that's not an acceptance of differences, then what is?
You do realize that the United States is an immigrant country, right?
(#459 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
You do realize that the United States is an immigrant country, right?
No. She believes America is a white country who stomps all colored people into the ground with their feet after stepping in doggy-doo. Of course, Obama is simply a white based plot cover up...

(#460 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I tend to get angry when people criticize me for my opinions. I'm female btw. And for the white people thing I thought you would know. I'm not saying that all white people are racist, just a number of them. A big number. They treat us like we're not people, they are unfair to us in the justice system, educational system and in society itself. I'll give you an example. Two people, a white person and a black person, do the same crimes like robbing a store with a gun. They both get caught. The white guy gets maybe 5 years and is on probation after being released while the black guy gets twice that amount without parole. You're telling me you never noticed it before?
Do you have a sister on this forum?
As far as Japan, I have never been as discriminated against as much before as when I was living there (I'm white). Not all are that way, especially younger Japanese, but it is just their culture so I didn't take it personal. The nice thing is most of the discrimination is just because you are a foreigner and not skin color. Although a lot of blacks lately, mostly from Africa, have been involved in crimes and they also believe TV shows from America that show them as gang members so I think this is having more negative views of blacks in Japan. When my mother in law came to America to visit, she was afraid of them because she had seen a show about black people as gangsters on TV and she though all of them acted this way.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
Closed Thread