JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
09-03-2008, 11:32 PM

The country, ya sure, the way it's going, no... We are gradually turning in to a holiday country and we are just living in the shadow of Europe... Once a great nation, now it can be confused with Spain, and the only important place here, Algarve, is seriously turning in to an English colony...

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#42 (permalink))
Old
yotsubarainbow (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to yotsubarainbow Send a message via Yahoo to yotsubarainbow
09-03-2008, 11:44 PM

Welll.It depends how you look at it.I mean America is pretty awesome but thinking back to all the stupid things we've done(electing Pres. Bush) and the stupid things we're doing(war) well there is not that much to be proud about.But,I guess I'm happy here.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-03-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotsubarainbow View Post
Welll.It depends how you look at it.I mean America is pretty awesome but thinking back to all the stupid things we've done(electing Pres. Bush) and the stupid things we're doing(war) well there is not that much to be proud about.But,I guess I'm happy here.
Same, for the most part. I like this country fine, just don't agree with everything its done as far as our government is concerned.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM

Eh....the economy sucks......but that can't really be helped........

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

09-04-2008, 04:54 AM

I am endlessly amazed at the amount of ignorance people possess about political matters. Many people who complain most loudly about their country are so ignorant that they would have a hard time finding it on a map.

Exactly what rights have been taken away from Americans over the last century? Other than regulating tobacco, alcohol, and drugs, there have been no rights lost, and many gained.

As for Bush, I didn't vote for him, but I don't hate him either. What do any of you here really know about Bush's foreign policy? Other than the war, exactly what do people have to complain about? Exactly how have you personally been affected by his policies?

And, speaking of the war, what do you really know about it? That people 4000 soldiers have died there over the last 5 years? 40,000 will be killed in traffic accidents in America this year, hundreds of thousands will be injured. Read your history, and understand that war is just another form of diplomacy. It should be a last resort, but it should be used whenever necessary. As things are looking in Iraq now, unless something goes terribly wrong, history may prove Bush to have been right.

Now, tell me which countries in the world have a higher standing of living than America. Tell me in which country it is that people earn more money per year. Tell me why 50% of the world's population would give their right arm to be able to live and work in America. And then tell me again that America is not a place to be proud of.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

09-04-2008, 06:06 AM

No offence like but your standard of living is quiet bullocked in the sense that your nation has the highest obesity rates in the world, among with a history of school massacres and all that.

Now, I don't know about you, but having a gun and affording McDonalds is not a high standard living.

Okay, lets not be bias, even for the rich Americans who work and are healthy - wait! they have issues too. They are uptight and selfish individuals who live in a big country.

Finally, the only person that will have to give an arm and a leg to live there is a poor American who cannot afford his health check pay.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
lulu (Offline)
You heard him... DO IT!

Location: Mako Reactor 0, locked in a coffin so I won't kill.
Send a message via MSN to lulu Send a message via Yahoo to lulu Send a message via Skype™ to lulu
09-04-2008, 06:14 AM

Greece? Yes, I am proud of my country! Despite the fact that we drive like we're drunk without actually BEING drunk and other things like the goverment or the police who are SLEEPING, I am proud because Greece is the mother of the Olympics and has many beautiful places with great history.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-04-2008, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
I am endlessly amazed at the amount of ignorance people possess about political matters. Many people who complain most loudly about their country are so ignorant that they would have a hard time finding it on a map.

Exactly what rights have been taken away from Americans over the last century? Other than regulating tobacco, alcohol, and drugs, there have been no rights lost, and many gained.

As for Bush, I didn't vote for him, but I don't hate him either. What do any of you here really know about Bush's foreign policy? Other than the war, exactly what do people have to complain about? Exactly how have you personally been affected by his policies?

And, speaking of the war, what do you really know about it? That people 4000 soldiers have died there over the last 5 years? 40,000 will be killed in traffic accidents in America this year, hundreds of thousands will be injured. Read your history, and understand that war is just another form of diplomacy. It should be a last resort, but it should be used whenever necessary. As things are looking in Iraq now, unless something goes terribly wrong, history may prove Bush to have been right.

Now, tell me which countries in the world have a higher standing of living than America. Tell me in which country it is that people earn more money per year. Tell me why 50% of the world's population would give their right arm to be able to live and work in America. And then tell me again that America is not a place to be proud of.
Why so defensive?

By the way... Mexico is not 50% of the world's population
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

09-04-2008, 06:26 AM

I am proud of the states tho it has many flaws and wrong things through the years
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-04-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureda View Post
No offence like but your standard of living is quiet bullocked in the sense that your nation has the highest obesity rates in the world, among with a history of school massacres and all that.

Now, I don't know about you, but having a gun and affording McDonalds is not a high standard living.

Okay, lets not be bias, even for the rich Americans who work and are healthy - wait! they have issues too. They are uptight and selfish individuals who live in a big country.

Finally, the only person that will have to give an arm and a leg to live there is a poor American who cannot afford his health check pay.
Talk about a spattering of stereotypes. I'd like to hear about the fact-checking and statistics on "uptight" and "selfishness".
Closed Thread