JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

Are you proud of your country? - 09-03-2008, 04:03 PM

I just wondered, are you proud of your country, despite it's faults? I'm proud of where I come from. I was born here, it's my heritage. We've done a lot for the world, even though England has had it's faults like any other country. Please state where you are from in your answer, if it's not in your profile.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2008, 04:10 PM

I can't really say. The U.S. have many rights and freedoms other countries don't but those freedoms are steadily being taken away from us. I wish our government officials had better sense and smarts. So i'm in between.

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

09-03-2008, 04:13 PM

I am proud of where Turkey is right now, and how they got here, despite many of the prejudices we take from the rest of the world. I am proud of my country.

We have faults, but so does the rest of the world.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#4 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

09-03-2008, 04:16 PM

We'll, I don't know to be honest. America has done alot of things, things that many of it's citizens arn't aware about, and it isn't because we're ignorant or don't care, but the media with all its biasness can only do so much before you fail to recognize the truth even if it stares you in the face. I for one, am very skeptical about what I read in the newspaper or the tv. People have a million and one agendas both on the stage and off the record.

As a general consensus though, I think or would like to think that the majority of Americans have grown dispositional towards our government. I have, I feel that the last 7 odd years have been full of a failed administration trying to make up for mistakes from day one. This isn't to say that the principals behind America is shameful, just the embodiment that has now portrayed the face of American democracy is. I am, of our current administration. Because basically they lied, about a truckload of stuff, maybe I'm a conspiricay theorist but the last couple of years have all transpired events that have either helped the Arabic friends George Bush has or George Bush. I have no proof duh, but I just feel that way and if in the future we look back and see that it was so, then yes I would be very ashamed. But then again it's not like I did anything to help stop it. During the second time that George Bush ran for president, it's not like I went out and rallied against him. No, I stayed at home and had popcorn with orange juice and watched as he was elected yet again. But it's not like one person was responsible for everything, maybe the mastermind but not directly churning the gears. I think as an American, America is something to be proud of but not at this moment.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-03-2008, 04:19 PM

I've splitted virtually half my life in both Australia and America... And I am proud of both of them.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

09-03-2008, 04:25 PM

I guess I dont have much reasons not to be proud of my country...so i guess I am
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Wednesday (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2008, 04:33 PM

I don't feel home where I live at the moment. and in my home-country, I don't feel home too, actually... So, it's difficult to/for (?) me to be proud of these countries. My current residence: Germany... Hm... There have been many inventors who participated on the world's progress. But there are also too many people who are idiots and ignorant. They have no interest in politics and just cry the whole day what they don't have and what they never won't do. Why, just because they do nothing. And of course, there is still this "lttle" well-known part of history I hate and the reason why all the others hate(d) Germany...

"Freaks rule!" (._.)v
(#8 (permalink))
Old
FearTheNumbers (Offline)
New to JF

09-03-2008, 05:05 PM

I'm afraid I'm not proud at all.
I hate where I live.
I'm in Scotland and it's awful.
x_x''
(#9 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

09-03-2008, 05:24 PM

What's so bad about Scotland...?

I guess it depends what city you live in.
I hate the weather here but I kinda like my city.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Deutschland (Offline)
ドイツ

Send a message via ICQ to Deutschland
09-03-2008, 05:49 PM

Iam proud of my Country, altough Germany has caused the two world wars :0

*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴ Vorsprung durch Technik!

Closed Thread