JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#471 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-04-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Are you talking to me? What about the G-word, or, in my case, the F-word (and that isn't the F-word your father teaches you... it's the ones the "black people" teach you)...

Seriously, you, me and Nyororin are the three bears...
I didn't say you had to like it, Tenchu.
(#472 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Meh, I was being sarcastic. But that is actually said quite frequently.
Well, there is that thing that says that one drop of black blood = 100% black. Not sure if people still feel this way or not, but I've been fed that one for years as an explanation of how "some racist white people think" when it came to mixed couples, and it stems from racist views from back in my parents and grandparents' time and great grandparents' time, and how they felt about us blacks. I doubt too many people now of this generation really think about that, though. It is an old-fashioned way of thinking.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 08-04-2009 at 05:26 PM.
(#473 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I didn't say you had to like it, Tenchu.
I didn't assume I did...

I've typed several sentences just now, and deleted them all, because I know making homosexual accusations is not good on this... "forum"...

I give up. I'm clearly no longer allowed to speak freely. "American English" is too powerful. I have no freedom of speech amongst you people...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#474 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-04-2009, 05:27 PM

Stop being dramatic Tenchu.

You never even had a point to start with which would warrant the use of such language.
(#475 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Well, there is that thing that says that one drop of black blood = 100% black. Not sure if people still feel this way or not, but I've been fed that one for years as an explanation of how "some racist white people think" when it came to mixed couples, and it stems from racist views from back in my parents and grandparents' time and great grandparents' time, and how they felt about us blacks. I doubt too many people now of this generation really think about that, though. It is an old-fashioned way of thinking.
Shamefully, that is still true in most places.

Believe it or not, considering how much blacks complain about racism, when a person has black blood in them, they usually claim it. Being in a minority or "discriminated" group is beneficial in many cases now in the west.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#476 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I give up. I'm clearly no longer allowed to speak freely. "American English" is too powerful. I have no freedom of speech amongst you people...
It's called being respectful of your fellow posters. You can get your point across without being condescending or derogatory. Why that's such a tough concept for some people is beyond me.
(#477 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Stop being dramatic Tenchu.

You never even had a point to start with which would warrant the use of such language.
What language?

(#478 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

08-04-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Shamefully, that is still true in most places.

Believe it or not, considering how much blacks complain about racism, when a person has black blood in them, they usually claim it. Being in a minority or "discriminated" group is beneficial in many cases now in the west.
Well, to be honest, I do feel that blacks when seeing someone who is mixed, and has a black parent, they will just call him/her black because we were taught that for so many decades. "Oh, he has a black mother/father...just call him black." I don't feel we're claiming it at all. I guess it's just been instilled for so long, it's hard to fully drop it.

Now, for other races who might see a mixed person, for this generation, I doubt they'd think much of it. That's what I mostly meant.
(#479 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-04-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
You speak as though none of these minorities have legitimate claims. I completely disagree with you here.

You're going to have to be more specific aswell if you want to have a serious discussion or to be taken seriously.
(#480 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
It's called being respectful of your fellow posters. You can get your point across without being condescending or derogatory. Why that's such a tough concept for some people is beyond me.
I honestly don't know where I slipped up...

Closed Thread