LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
It doesn't matter what your facts are. Your views are fundamentally flawed because you're attempting to redefine textbook and dictionary definitions. How many times do I have to say this.
As you wish. My concern was not with dictionary definitions but with facts on the ground. If all you're claiming is that the dictionary definition is something different, I agree with you. It's a trivial point though, I'm surprised you wasted so much time on it.

Okay, so I'll call this anti-male mainstream view something else.

Radical feminism? (But it's a mainstream view...)
Mainstream feminism?
Victim feminism? (Might work...)
Female chauvinism? Anti-male agitation? (Hmm, think we're getting somewhere!)
LHOD? (Ladies Hatin' On Dudes?)

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-19-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
I agree - its poison !

I do like Lesbians though !
I like lesbians too!

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる
(#103 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

09-19-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I don't want to hear you get upset about people pigeon holing Islam if that's your position on feminism.

If I were to parallel Wasabistas position, when people talk about Muslims being backward and violent they really mean extremists.

If Wasabista can be taken seriously in a discussion in which he attempts to redefine or define a term then so can those that use Muslim when they mean terrorist.
Lol you're comparing Feminism to Terrorism in your erroneous one sided view that all Terrorists are Muslim.

This is where I say "nuff said" instead of bothering to explain how you're wrong.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-19-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabista View Post
As you wish. My concern was not with dictionary definitions but with facts on the ground. If all you're claiming is that the dictionary definition is something different, I agree with you. It's a trivial point though, I'm surprised you wasted so much time on it.

Okay, so I'll call this anti-male mainstream view something else.

Radical feminism? (But it's a mainstream view...)
Mainstream feminism?
Victim feminism? (Might work...)
Female chauvinism? Anti-male agitation? (Hmm, think we're getting somewhere!)
LHOD? (Ladies Hatin' On Dudes?)
Finally you get it! Maybe I wouldn't have to spend so much time on it if you would learn to respond what I actually wrote rather than further your agenda using my supposed position as a springboard.

Anyway.... Female chauvinism works for me I guess.

I'll just add that the examples you've given are more telling of the type of society you live in more than any female conspiracy if indeed they are accurate. (As I said, there are two sides to every story).
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-19-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol you're comparing Feminism to Terrorism in your erroneous one sided view that all Terrorists are Muslim.

This is where I say "nuff said" instead of bothering to explain how you're wrong.
Learn to read mate. I did not nor have ever presented the view that all terrorists are Muslim.

All I've said is that people out there equate Muslim to terrorist in the same way that people out there equate Feminist to Female Chauvinist... see the difference and correlation dipshit?
(#106 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

09-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Learn to read mate. I did not nor have ever presented the view that all terrorists are Muslim.

All I've said is that people out there equate Muslim to terrorist in the same way that people out there equate Feminist to Female Chauvinist... see the difference and correlation dipshit?
I called it Feminism because the people who lead people into thinking in this extremist manner, also call themselves Feminists. Terrorism and Feminism are two totally unrelated issues, each with its own class of merit. That is where you fail in your pseudo comparison.
If you're going to argue Semantics with me, do it in a straightforward manner. Otherwise cut the extended round-about bullshit you write in your posts.
Also, cut the name calling you small minded baffoon. Go grab a Snickers to keep your hormones in check.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 09-19-2008 at 01:04 PM.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-19-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I called it Feminism because the people who lead people into thinking in this extremist manner, also call themselves Feminists.
Why is the idea of equality 'extremist'? Are you saying all feminists are extremist? Feminists are not extreme. Radical feminists are extreme [hence the word radical], and radical feminists are a minority of feminists, just as muslim terrorists are the minority of muslims. Judging the whole of feminism on radical or extremist feminism would be the same as judging all muslims based on muslim extremist terrorists. That's what people are trying to say to you.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

09-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Why is the idea of equality 'extremist'? Are you saying all feminists are extremist? Feminists are not extreme. Radical feminists are extreme [hence the word radical], and radical feminists are a minority of feminists, just as muslim terrorists are the minority of muslims. Judging the whole of feminism on radical or extremist feminism would be the same as judging all muslims based on muslim extremist terrorists. That's what people are trying to say to you.
I know what people are trying to say to me. You would be quite silly to assume that when I say "Feminism is bad" that i'm talking about equal rights and opportunities of women.
It should be quite clear that the type of Feminism I am discussing was to do with what was being discussed in this thread, and not the type you are referring to.
Also to equate Feminism with Islam is a totally irrelevant issue, which is what I said earlier.
Why?
Feminism is not a religion. It is a movement. Anyone who would say that women should stay in the kitchen or shouldn't have rights to vote, would naturally be ridiculed as being an idiot.
Being Muslim does not carry the same "rules". You can ridicule a Muslim and everyone will not suddenly jump to his/her defense. This is simply due to how the West is.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 09-19-2008 at 02:18 PM.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I know what people are trying to say to me. You would be quite silly to assume that when I say "Feminism is bad" that i'm talking about equal rights and opportunities of women.
It should be quite clear from the original context of this thread, what type of Feminism I am talking about.
Well then, there is nothing wrong with that comparison. Feminism is the equality and rights and opportunities of women, and those who oppose feminism, opposes those ideals.

Aimed at everyone in general: Opposing radical feminism is a different story, and I think people are very confused about what they actually disagree with. Disagreeing with feminism is disagreeing with equal rights and opportunities of women. That is what feminism stands for. Radical feminism is a branch of feminism that takes those ideal to the extreme. I do not support this idea, and nor do many people on here, it seems. So please, do not bash all of feminism, when all of feminism, in fact, very little feminism is about those extreme ideals. The reason you see so much of that kind of feminism is because it is extreme, and the media loves obscene, extreme, and out-of-the-ordinary things.

Whatever experiances you've had does not mean that all feminsts behave in a radical manner. To judge the whole of an organisation by meeting one or two people who claim to be part of it is not the best way to make an accurate judgement.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

09-19-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Well then, there is nothing wrong with that comparison. Feminism is the equality and rights and opportunities of women, and those who oppose feminism, opposes those ideals.
You can give it all the different labels you want but I am still opposed to "Feminism."

Quote:
Aimed at everyone in general: Opposing radical feminism is a different story, and I think people are very confused about what they actually disagree with. Disagreeing with feminism is disagreeing with equal rights and opportunities of women. That is what feminism stands for. Radical feminism is a branch of feminism that takes those ideal to the extreme. I do not support this idea, and nor do many people on here, it seems. So please, do not bash all of feminism, when all of feminism, in fact, very little feminism is about those extreme ideals. The reason you see so much of that kind of feminism is because it is extreme, and the media loves obscene, extreme, and out-of-the-ordinary things.

Whatever experiances you've had does not mean that all feminsts behave in a radical manner. To judge the whole of an organisation by meeting one or two people who claim to be part of it is not the best way to make an accurate judgement.
Sorry but "Feminism" shouldn't exist. Syphoning yourself off from the rest of the species cos you are female?
Also who said anyone met only a few "radical feminists", which influenced their decision?

Yes there was a time when it was needed, just like many other organisations were needed. Now there is a saturation of "Feminism" which does nothing to help the female position anymore. The majority of people in the world know what is wrong and what is right, with regards to what rights Females should have. Perhaps it is needed in some countries but most, even third world countries, have no problem with female roles.
(I gotta exclude India here and perhaps even Saudi Arabia.)
Like I said, there shouldn't be Feminism, just an attitude to right any wrongs there are. The majority of it is just a "support group" for women who have lost boyfriends now and hate "men".

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 09-19-2008 at 02:33 PM.