JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Pray for our friends in Texas - Hurricane Ike (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/19036-pray-our-friends-texas-hurricane-ike.html)

xceeding 09-12-2008 05:36 AM

Pray for our friends in Texas - Hurricane Ike

I know a few of our posters reside in Texas. If you've been watching the news, Hurricane Ike expects to make landfall Friday night. Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

For those of you that live near the gulf coast, reply to this thread and let us know how you and your family are doing. We all want to know. Take care and may God be watching over you all. :rheart:

Eiri 09-12-2008 12:02 PM

damn hurricane is already causing trouble in New Orleans, they have a tornado warning right now......

KikiBunny23 09-12-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eiri (Post 582836)
damn hurricane is already causing trouble in New Orleans, they have a tornado warning right now......

How long have they been up? I remember tornado warnins startin like two weeks ago when I went to Panama...

I have family members in Cape Coral and Houston.

theAlphaDuck 09-12-2008 12:22 PM

o dear.... the worlds most polluting nation, and one of the only ones not to sighn the kyoto protocal is starting to feel the effects of climate change...

"weee weee weee"
thats the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song

Odin 09-12-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck (Post 582849)
o dear.... the worlds most polluting nation, and one of the only ones not to sighn the kyoto protocal is starting to feel the effects of climate change...

"weee weee weee"
thats the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song

Don't be an ass, and thanks for trying to derail the thread!

However, you have no sense of history. The reason everyone is concerned about this storm is because it is taking the same path as the storm that totally destroyed the city of Galveston, Texas back in 1900. That was the deadliest storm in U.S. history.

Sutiiven 09-12-2008 12:53 PM

To be honest Polluting began with cars dude.I :vsign:

EveV 09-12-2008 02:47 PM

Uhm
We bought a generator, tons of water and canned foods.
I live in Houston.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be fine.
We have a house made of brick that's two stories and a large basement.
My garage can take 130mph winds, if it really comes down to that.

My only worry is my pets.
I've tried to get in contact with numerous people up north that would take some of the cats off our hands.
But they've all said the same thing " I don't want to be responsible for someone elses pets"

...The storm isn't even going to hit them heavy. ( if at all. )
Assholes.

If I die though you guys can fight amongst each other over all the bright pink hello kitty shit in my room.
And I know most of the males here are into that kinda of stuff, So have fun boys!

: D

Odin 09-12-2008 02:55 PM

EveV, How far from the shore are you?

EveV 09-12-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odin (Post 582936)
EveV, How far from the shore are you?

I live towards Humble.
Not sure how far that is.
But it seems pretty far.

Thunda 09-12-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveV (Post 582933)
Uhm
We bought a generator, tons of water and canned foods.
I live in Houston.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be fine.
We have a house made of brick that's two stories and a large basement.
My garage can take 130mph winds, if it really comes down to that.

My only worry is my pets.
I've tried to get in contact with numerous people up north that would take some of the cats off our hands.
But they've all said the same thing " I don't want to be responsible for someone elses pets"

...The storm isn't even going to hit them heavy. ( if at all. )
Assholes.

If I die though you guys can fight amongst each other over all the bright pink hello kitty shit in my room.
And I know most of the males here are into that kinda of stuff, So have fun boys!

: D

awww dont die. plus you are too pretty to die

lol