JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Online Personality .vs. Real Personality? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/19450-online-personality-vs-real-personality.html)

clairebear 09-26-2008 12:16 AM

Online Personality .vs. Real Personality?

Do JF members act the same way on the internet as they would in real life?
There's some members on here with pretty 'unique' personalities and I was wondering, if I met them, would they change at all?

For me, well...I'd say I act a bit different online. I dont think anyone on here would believe me when I say I'm incredibly shy when meeting new people: I laugh nervously, smile nervously, talk quietly and go all embarrased. :eek: I doubt I come off like that when I'm on here! I also often get the feeling that I sound a bit..dumber on here, lol. Most of the time I know what I want to say, but I dont know how to say it without sounding silly...if I were talking to someone in real life, it wouldn't sound as 'weird'. So what about everyone else? Does your "online personality" reflect the way you are in real life?

Dont think there's a similar thread - there might be one lying about on the 100000th page of General Discussion and if there is, sorry!

ivi0nk3y 09-26-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 594253)
Do JF members act the same way on the internet as they would in real life?
There's some members on here with pretty 'unique' personalities and I was wondering, if I met them, would they change at all?

For me, well...I'd say I act a bit different online. I dont think anyone on here would believe me when I say I'm incredibly shy when meeting new people: I laugh nervously, smile nervously, talk quietly and go all embarrased. :eek: I doubt I come off like that when I'm on here! So what about everyone else? Does your "online personality" reflect the way you are in real life?

Dont think there's a similar thread - there might be one lying about on the 100000th page of General Discussion and if there is, sorry!

Well i'd seem friendlier. Like I said somewhere else, you're only judged on a forum by the threads you take part in. I normally post in threads that piss me off somehow so I seem like the argumentative type.

allie2590 09-26-2008 12:24 AM

I don't think I'm any different, but if someone were to meet me online, and then in person, they might not think so.

Sketchy 09-26-2008 12:33 AM

Not sure, pretty much the same?, bit different maybe who knows.

Uriko 09-26-2008 12:35 AM

i barely talk, if at all, in real life.

i'm "shy".

theAlphaDuck 09-26-2008 12:37 AM

No im pretty much like this in real life....

usually it grates people at first... but then they grow to love me!!

EveV 09-26-2008 12:39 AM

Yea you don't seem shy at all lol o.o

People here tend to tell me I have a bit of an attitude.
Or that I need to " relax"

The irony is that in person most people say I'm the most chillish, smile on the time type of person they know.

That's the biggest difference.
I'm social offline and online.
And I'm still just as blunt and honest in person.

It's weird how simple gestures and vocals can completely alter a whole entire persona.

emmygirl121 09-26-2008 12:47 AM

yeah, Im totally different online,

im shy, i don't talk
And I never have the nerve to stand up to anyone
and disabilities have a way of making you different online then in person

ilovedaisuke7 09-26-2008 01:01 AM

Hmm..
well, I guess I'm not that different.
I'm pretty shy on the forum, as I am in real life.
I'm a little more quieter in real life though.
But if I know someone really well, I'm a spazz, not annoying, but just weird, I guess. XDD But yet at the same time, I'm also a lot quieter at the same time.
If that makes any sense?

Eiri 09-26-2008 01:10 AM

I'm pretty much the same...but quieter I guess