JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   My Dad got offered a Job in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/19607-my-dad-got-offered-job-japan.html)

Luciferos 10-01-2008 10:40 PM

My Dad got offered a Job in Japan

So my dad is currently on the army, has been for the past 20 years, and he just got an offer to move to Japan for 3 years.
Of course, Im graduating from Highschool next year(Not 2009, 2010 Im a Junior), and either way i was planning on attending an university in Japan either ways.
Im not sure if this is the right area to post this, since all the Japanese related forums are about Art, Music and fashion.

Basically, we might be moving around the summer or else.
IM OVERLY EXCITED.
Out of all the countries he could have been sent to, Japan! I mean, once in a lifetime chance to be honest.

So pretty much, i had to find a place to brag about this, yet at the same time, though im familiar with many things in japanese culture, i dont know much bout living there as a student...soon to be student you could say.
I dont know Japanese, thats why Ill be attending a school specificly for Foreigners offered by the army, but Ill be living there with my family, and you know the rest.

So anyone know anything about a students lifestyle or what things they actually do there for fun or basically anything you suggest or advice me in? :)

nhonho88 10-02-2008 04:53 AM

It is a great chance for you to know more about Japan :)

MMM 10-02-2008 04:58 AM

Well, "Living in Japan" might have been more appropriate...and don't be surprised if this thread is moved there.

Where in Japan would you be moving?

angelbott 10-02-2008 05:51 AM

That's great for you! ^^ I hope you have great times in Japan ^^

Shanis 10-02-2008 06:54 AM

You are so lucky^^ I wish my father got offered a job in japan :) Hope you enjoy your time there :) :vsign:

chibichick83 10-02-2008 12:56 PM

That is totally awesome! I'd jump at the chance matey if that were me! :D

And if you end up doing so, I just know it'ds be a blast! :D

Luciferos 10-02-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 599555)
Well, "Living in Japan" might have been more appropriate...and don't be surprised if this thread is moved there.

Where in Japan would you be moving?

Only thing hes told me so far its on one of the military bases. I dont mind where, as long as its there.

Luciferos 10-02-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibichick83 (Post 599802)
That is totally awesome! I'd jump at the chance matey if that were me! :D

And if you end up doing so, I just know it'ds be a blast! :D

Like i told him, if we go, hed be saving up to $20,000 i would have spend to go there and get a living there. I mean, my mom loves it, so thats defenitely a yes, my sister also wants to attend college there, and Ive been planning it all along and ive already got most of it done and etc, but if we can go there now, thats easier on me that paying for a plan ticket once im actually in college.

MMM 10-02-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciferos (Post 600063)
Only thing hes told me so far its on one of the military bases. I dont mind where, as long as its there.

There is a BIG difference between Okinawa and like Yokohama.

kenmei 10-02-2008 09:02 PM

going to school with a bunch of other military kids in an all english school doesn't sound too fun :(

but better than being in america, i supposed :ywave: