JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
spiritsaid2 (Offline)
New to JF

need info on sexting - 04-17-2009, 03:05 PM

hi! i am working on an academic paper pertaining to teen sexting. U.S. teens are facing harsh legal consequences for sexting. i was wondering if sexting is common in japan, and if so, how is it being handled. i'd appreciate any comments!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tokyo11678 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to tokyo11678
Post 04-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Hey,

Well I don't really know whether it exists in Japan or not but you can visit this page to know more about it:
Sexting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope it will help you
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
04-17-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsaid2 View Post
hi! i am working on an academic paper pertaining to teen sexting. U.S. teens are facing harsh legal consequences for sexting. i was wondering if sexting is common in japan, and if so, how is it being handled. i'd appreciate any comments!
What is so bad about sexting? As long as you don´t do it with minors there is nothing bad about it, ain´t it?

When do you think people die?

When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.

When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.

When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!

It's when... they are forgotten.

~Dr. Hiluluk - One Piece
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-17-2009, 06:05 PM

The OP is asking for information on sexting outside of the US and if it exists. This thread will not become a debate on the merits of sexting or anything else outside the OPs request, or else it will be closed.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-17-2009, 06:06 PM

I was trying to look up information for you, but I'm not finding much specifically for Japan on the whole sexting business. I keep coming across US cases. Maybe there's a certain aspect to it you can include so that it can be narrowed down some more. I'm a bit curious of this myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanis View Post
What is so bad about sexting? As long as you don´t do it with minors there is nothing bad about it, ain´t it?
Please tell me you're joking. What about those situations where boys send out a nude pic of a girl that sent it to him in confidence? Personally, the whole thing is just downright stupid.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-17-2009, 06:08 PM

I repeat:

The OP is asking for information on sexting outside of the US and if it exists. This thread will not become a debate on the merits of sexting or anything else outside the OPs request, or else it will be closed.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Daydreamer (Offline)
Hi everyone

04-17-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I was trying to look up information for you, but I'm not finding much specifically for Japan on the whole sexting business. I keep coming across US cases. Maybe there's a certain aspect to it you can include so that it can be narrowed down some more. I'm a bit curious of this myself.Please tell me you're joking. What about those situations where boys send out a nude pic of a girl that sent it to him in confidence? Personally, the whole thing is just downright stupid.
and its very imature on young kids these days..
(#8 (permalink))
Old
spiritsaid2 (Offline)
New to JF

04-17-2009, 06:41 PM

i'm starting to think this issue is mostly unique to the USA. they make such a big deal about it here. just wondering, what do you guys think about kids going to prison for this? do you think that's extreme?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsaid2 View Post
i'm starting to think this issue is mostly unique to the USA. they make such a big deal about it here. just wondering, what do you guys think about kids going to prison for this? do you think that's extreme?
In this regard, I do feel it's extreme. Yes, the people involved should be punished, but not to that level.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-17-2009, 07:00 PM

I guess these kids are immune to red writing? I think this thread should be

猿も木から落ちる