JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Relaxation and Relieving Stress (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/19821-relaxation-relieving-stress.html)

Yuna7780 10-07-2008 02:44 AM

Relaxation and Relieving Stress

Everybody just wants to sit back and relax after a hard day of work or school. Am I wrong?

I was wondering what do you do to wind down and relax. What are tips and products or activities you take part in?

Usually in the summer, I run on my treadmill for ten minutes to feel relaxed. I don't have as much time during school, but I like running, though I'm bad at it.

I always have to buy a complete set of body products from Bath and Body Works. Right now, I'm using this thing called "Breath Happiness". It's not sold anymore *cry*, but has this calming citrus scent to it. I used to have every Cucumber Melon scent, used it, and soon to use a combination of the different Cherry Blossoms.

I also use this shampoo brand from Wal-Mart called in(fus)ium23. Even though it's like $6 for a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, or hair treatment, it's worth spending $20 on for a set. It smells great and makes your hair pretty.

After I finish every project on my agenda, I have my aromatherapy shower, and light a candle and read my Bible. From there, I created a playlist of soothing music on my PSP to lul me to sleep.

I especially LOVE it when I get new sheets and pillow covers and crawl into bed. I'm the happiest in that state. I love sleeping, candles, fragances, etc. I feel so good.

Occasionally on the weekends, after I have done my aromatherapy fun, I take a few bucks and go to Borders and order coffee dessert. I sit, read, and write for a few hours. Sometimes I'm by myself, and others with my friends. I've made attempts to go online with my PSP, but have to pay...

allie2590 10-07-2008 03:06 AM

The bus ride after work calms me down a lot, so I don't really need to wind down when I get home... Other times, I like to play videogames to calm me down. :mtongue:

emmygirl121 10-07-2008 03:08 AM

I read, in my room without my aid, nothing can bug me :)

I usually don't get totally flustered, unless people talk at once,
but other than that i don't get very stressed :)

CarleyGee 10-07-2008 03:23 AM

I write when I'm stressed.
I lock myself up away from everyone else.

Tyrien 10-07-2008 03:23 AM

A nice glass of red wine.

VitalStatistic 10-07-2008 03:32 AM

I like to go up in my room with my ferret, Kirsikka Rayne, and my hamster Striker. They both usually make me laugh uncontrolably even when I don't want to smile. I'll watch something on TV or listen to music and relax on the floor with Kirsikka randomly bouncing on me ^-^
Ferrets are great for relaxation and also drive you insanly up the wall sometimes =P

Hyakushi 10-07-2008 03:50 AM

When I'm stressed I like to stretch and do a warm up excercise maybe just a little of my Taekwondo stances and a bit of running, not much just about 30 minutes or an hour depends on how much I don't want to go inside. Alot of the time when I'm done running I will try to find a good tree to relax in and just listen to the sounds around me. Its getting colder now but that makes it even more relaxing to me, I like the cold. I like to spend time with my friends too speacialy since I haven't seen them in such a long time but I just tried this drink called Boba Tea and it was pretty good but I don't like the cup they give to you in. It looks a little girlish XD Hahahaha! but I think I got addicted to the grape tea and its good during a hot day.

theAlphaDuck 10-07-2008 08:03 AM

Chill.

its an online radio station... no dj's...no ego's...just relaxing music

...its really good

Jaydelart 10-07-2008 08:35 AM

Music, Meditation and physical training, Food, Sleep, etc.
I'm very easy when it comes to relaxing... as opposed to being very sensitive. Unless you do something extremely inappropriae, almost nothing can stop me from resting.

... But I do wake very easily, which is a bit ironic.

chibichick83 10-07-2008 09:03 AM

I love to read and watch DVDs to relax and unwind after a very long and hard day at work each time :)

And I also find spending time with and/or talking to my boyfriend over the phone really helps me to chill out aswell :)