JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
Video Game and Movie Piracy - 06-23-2009, 03:28 AM

What do you people here at JF think about it?

Personally. I think its fine..until companies can find a way to stop it, I say the consumer should not have to deal with outragous prices, esprcially for Games.

Who here really wants to buy games for $60 a piece?

A reason I would choose to pirate games is because sometimes I have to patch them to work on my consoles. Even if I were to import them, they wouldn't work.

I really dont think Piracy has to do with the price of games going on the rise.
Regardless of how many pirates there are, there are always going to be little kids, parents and "honest, good-hearted" people to buy the games in mass amounts.

Another reason for 360 game Piracy? The console itself is defective, even if the system is left still while playing a game, sometimes will become unreadable..how the hell wants to spend $60 on a game that they take care of yet the system has to mess it up? Not Me.

I'll stick to my $15 10 Packs of Blanks.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you

Last edited by Quailboy : 06-23-2009 at 04:45 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

06-23-2009, 03:59 AM

I expect you to be butthurt soon owo

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-23-2009, 04:34 AM

>.< It happened.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-23-2009, 04:39 AM

This isn't really a topic that will pan out well in this forum, in my opinion.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-23-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
This isn't really a topic that will pan out well in this forum, in my opinion.
I doubt it will. This is for a few people that I know will have good views on the topic and will debate it with me.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-23-2009, 04:57 AM

Mmmmm I actually wouldn't want to get fake video games nor download any with out paying the full price. When I was younger I did because I would sell them to other people but now I just find it a bit juviniel. If I was making games and doing all the hard work but just letting it turn out to be a duce where I'm only getting a little profite from then I would either switch carrers or raise the price.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-23-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
Mmmmm I actually wouldn't want to get fake video games nor download any with out paying the full price. When I was younger I did because I would sell them to other people but now I just find it a bit juviniel. If I was making games and doing all the hard work but just letting it turn out to be a duce where I'm only getting a little profite from then I would either switch carrers or raise the price.
Thats the thing though, game devs still make tons of profite even with piracy running rampant. Ok..I know I'm lying (looks at the Dreamcast) But thats a different story,that was way easier than 360 Piracy.

Last edited by Quailboy : 06-23-2009 at 05:05 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-23-2009, 05:05 AM

Yes, not making any money means they can lower the price of things. People stealing things from these companies is what drives them out of business, which means less for you to enjoy in the long run.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-23-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
Well I guess there's nothing wrong in playing copies of very old games such as ISO's on emulators, because they're very old and hard to find, so even the companies themselves don't mind the emulation of their old games, especially because they help to divulges to people the sequels of these games.

Also some old Japanese games were never released in English so the ROM version playing through emulators are the only way for some people to play them.

Buying pirate copies for me has at least one severe consequence - most of consoles have protection against backup copies in order to prevent people playing the non-original versions of the titles, meaning even if you buy a game you can't just copy it and burn again to play in the case you damage the original. Unless you use a mod chip of course.

Also some companies disponibles their old games to download for very low prices, if you're using a modern console and want to play old games.
See, with my 360, I had to pay for about $120 in equiptment and did ALOT of research for it, pirating isn't easy. Not alot of people choose to do so because the initial hassle is so bad.

About imports, exctly..I love japanese games..but they wont run on a stock 360, so I have to mod it anyways..why not just burn it then?

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-23-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Thats the thing though, game devs still make tons of profite even with piracy running rampant. Ok..I know I'm lying (looks at the Dreamcast) But thats a different story,that was way easier than 360 Piracy.
How can we say that though, sure they could be making what seems to be big dough but what else does that money go into.
Making a game is not rocket science but it is hard work and like everyones hard work they expect others to respect what they do and how they do it.
Its just having people scratch up your car everytime you get it fixed.
They won't lower the price even if its not selling as much with in the first four years because they just stop restocking it and see if they sell.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
Closed Thread