JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
Microsoft Windows 7 - 11-03-2008, 05:22 AM

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about another OS from Microsft so soon after the epic failure we know as Windows Vista. but after messing around with the pre-beta of Windows 7 I have to admit, the people at microsoft sure know how to make for a mistake...

*now if they could only make up for the Xbox....

anyways, does anyone plan on testing the official beta when it releases in December (I believe)?

I know I will, everything seems to run ALOT smoother in Windows 7.... given it's a pre-beta, but I mean, can the final product be worse?

Here's a screen-shot of me installing Windows 7 with Windows Vista in the background.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 11-03-2008 at 05:28 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
I know I will, everything seems to run ALOT smoother in Windows 7.... given it's a pre-beta, but I mean, can the final product be worse?
Short answer: Yes, it absolutely could be worse!!

Longer answer : Many beta testers of Vista were shocked, when they saw the final production version. The beta versions overall were for the most part were pretty good. Then the marketing division of Microsoft got involved with the final stages and Vista became ..... it became .... ...well it became Vista.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~

(#3 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM

I know, that wasn't really a serious question... I was subtly poking fun at Vista, I should have made it more clear.

anyways, here's some more screenshots...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...6171/win-7.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...71/win-7-2.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...71/Win-7-4.png
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...71/Win-7-3.png

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

11-03-2008, 05:00 PM

triple core? lol ^^
well i hope it will be better then vista...
I'm still using XP just because its faster on my rigs

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com
(#5 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-03-2008, 05:05 PM

Why do you guys hate Vista so much? With the right machine, it's amazingly fast, smooth, beautiful etc etc...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Yes, but XP is still just as good for pretty much everything. I'd like to add that the thing that puts me off Vista so much (apart from the amount of Professional's who dont like it) is that its so damned confusing. I can navigate around XP with ridiculous ease. Vista just annoys me, as its so confusing to play with. And, so far, nothing has been released outside of Windows service packs (?) that requires Vista.

And I'll pass on Windows 7 for the moment. I want to see the production copy first, followed by the responce from the professional community. Then I'll decide whether its worth it.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

11-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Won't be trying it. I'm trying to put the least amount of crap possible onto my laptop, this includes trial software.

and that looks exactly like vista. I already have a computer that runs vista without any problems so visually I don't see any changes at all.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

11-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Can't we just bring back ME?

sure it was buggy...and it crashed...and security wise the back door, was more like the entire back of the house is missing...

BUT ITS THE BEST!!....mainly cos you can change the colour of things
(#9 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
11-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
Can't we just bring back ME?

sure it was buggy...and it crashed...and security wise the back door, was more like the entire back of the house is missing...

BUT ITS THE BEST!!....mainly cos you can change the colour of things
Your kidding, right?

(#10 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
Yes, but XP is still just as good for pretty much everything. I'd like to add that the thing that puts me off Vista so much (apart from the amount of Professional's who dont like it) is that its so damned confusing. I can navigate around XP with ridiculous ease. Vista just annoys me, as its so confusing to play with. And, so far, nothing has been released outside of Windows service packs (?) that requires Vista.

And I'll pass on Windows 7 for the moment. I want to see the production copy first, followed by the responce from the professional community. Then I'll decide whether its worth it.
That's understandable, but not a valid reason for vista to be any "worse", so to say. Everytime there was an upgrade in OS', it took a lot of effort to get used to it. Personally, I think Vista is way under-rated. On the PC I'm on right now, I have Vista, Xp and Mandriva Linux. And to be honest, Vista is my fav because it seems to run much better than all the others, and as it's just a "home pc", it's much nicer to look at. (yes, even nicer than Linux).

For professional use however, I do agree that Vista is just... not needed. This summer, I worked in the IT department for an international company. They were discussing an upgrade from XP to Vista. I had to write a report on pro's and con's. In the end, for the company, I told them it'd be the biggest waste of money ever if they upgraded... However, I doubt many of us are "professionals" so to speak. So, I think for a home user, Vista deserves a bit more applause, lol.