JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   'Another Way To Die' - QoS Theme. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/20556-another-way-die-qos-theme.html)

Salvanas 11-03-2008 07:59 PM

'Another Way To Die' - QoS Theme.

I've had countless conversations about this song.

There's the video.

Personally, I love thesong, and I think it goes very well for a modern Bond Movie. The song suits Daniel Craig's image as Bond much more, than the songs that were made for Pierce Brosnan's Bond.

Where Pierce Brosnan's James Bond was more sexy, and typical English gentleman like, Daniel Craig's Bond has more emotion and has a more... suave and style.

What is your view?

And for the record: This is the first time I'm actually listening to Alicia Key's and Jack White really. I'm usually not a western indie rock or RnB guy, but I do love this song.

Slykaz1 11-03-2008 08:06 PM

Interesting song.

Jaydelart 11-03-2008 08:12 PM

This is the new Bond theme song?
It's pretty nice. I hold a lot of respect for Alicia Keys, so I expected as much.

Keaton421 11-03-2008 08:31 PM

Anything with Jack White is alright by me. Lots of talent there, plus we're basically twins.

And I'm always up for a new direction on the Bond flicks. Cool song

Crani 11-03-2008 08:32 PM

Jack White is not country, he's in the White Stripes and they are an Indie rock band...
And the song it self is so so.

Salvanas 11-03-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crani (Post 620776)
Jack White is not country, he's in the White Strips and they are an Indie rock band...
And the song it self is so so.

And fair enough. Like I said, I never actually listened, or knew him before this song.

MissMisa 11-03-2008 09:50 PM

To be perfectly honest, I don't like it. I just don't think it works properly, they are both conflicting styles that just can't seem to coincide. I've only heard it a couple of times, maybe it's one of those that'll grow on me, but for now I don't hate it, but I think it's just alright. I really loved 'The World is Not Enough' by Garbage.

Bureda 11-03-2008 10:31 PM

The tune is all right. Very artistic and funky with some upbeat spikes, but still, it holds no penny to Nancy Sinatras 'You Only Live Twice'.

Aniki 11-04-2008 02:01 AM

I didn't like the song much. As Misa stated earlier, those two don't fit together. So I'm sticking Bureda, it's nothin' compared with Nancy Sinatra's 'You Only Live Twice'.
But seeing how Craig plays his role, I agree, it suits him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 620741)
Where Pierce Brosnan's James Bond was more sexy, and typical English gentleman like, Daniel Craig's Bond has more emotion and has a more... suave and style.

I consider Daniel Graig the worsest James Bond. I don't know where you got that "Craig has more emotion" stuff 'cause I didn't see nothing like that in him. To me he was another badass super hero, which Hollywood is full of and if I want THAT to see, then I'll watch Tom Cruise in 'Mission Imposible' or Vin Diesel in 'XXX'.
And when it comes to suave and style Sean Connery is the only man.

PS: The White Stripes are considered a Garage rock band not Indie Rock.

Keaton421 11-04-2008 02:55 AM

Sean Connery and Craig played two very different Bonds. But it's a stretch to call Daniel Craig another macho tough guy - in fact, the first movie demonstrates how vulnerable and human he is, and how the experience turned him into the cold-blooded Russian-killing womanizer we know and love