JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Monty Python (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/20631-monty-python.html)

CrazyLee 11-06-2008 04:22 PM

Monty Python

Okay, been watching some of their sketches on YouTube and I've had a strange thought. It goes this: how popular are they?

Well, I've asked my friends who are all big fans of them. But we're also children of the eighties and so remember things like the original Transformers show. When I asked this question at work though, some people didn't even know who they were (I think one lass thought it was some band I was making up).

Have you heard of them? Do you like them? How big are they in your country?
And one more thing: No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!:mtongue:

SHAD0W 11-06-2008 04:30 PM

I live in england and the pythons arent of my time. you can bet anyone who has a decent sense of humour (and intellegence) loves the pythons. i myself are a massive fan! best thing to come out of england.

Suki 11-06-2008 04:37 PM

I love them :)

I'm Spanish and yeah they're pretty big over here, but then again I have very cultured friends (:D) and I study film-making at Uni so it's only normal they've all heard of Monty Python.

The Holy Grail is such a good film! Gets me howling with laughter everytime.

These are my favorite scenes:

... he was not afraid to die, ohhh brave sir Robinnn, he was not at
all afraid to be killed in nasty wayssss! Brave, brave, brave, brave sir Robinnnnn xDDDD!

How cool would it be to have a minstrel follow you around?!

ROFL~!

Rose 11-06-2008 04:45 PM

I never liked British humor, not my kind of stuff. I tried watching The Meaning of Life but when it got to the "every sperm is perfect" part i was like: "ok, i'm done with this".

And they're not too well known here either.

Hisuwashi 11-06-2008 04:59 PM

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

Too hilarious ;)

XD

allie2590 11-06-2008 05:04 PM

I love Monty Python! :D The Holy Grail and The Flying Circus are my favourites.

CrazyLee 11-06-2008 05:05 PM

Woohoo, people like it. Interesting to see that its at least been heard of outside the UK (I'm looking at you, Wales ;)).
@ Suki: your right, Holy Grail is awesome. And I already have a minstrel that foloows me around. He's not very good though...

Crani 11-06-2008 05:17 PM

I love the Pythons, they crack me up, I saw a few clips on youtube and the movies and they are the funniest thing ever. I tried to memorize "the penis song" once but I still don't know it, and I'm still to see all of the Flying Circus series, but I've seen some clips and I just can't stop laughing.
As for they being famous or not overhere, the answer is no, atleast among my friends, which I'm trying to change.
Some of my favorite sketches from the Tv series:

P.S : The greatest movie is definitely The Life of Brain.
Romani ite domus!

kyo_9 11-06-2008 05:39 PM

i like this song

YouTube - Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Koir 11-06-2008 05:39 PM

"Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bahahaha...