JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Petition: JapanForum ShoutBox (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/20902-petition-japanforum-shoutbox.html)

BakaCrisis 11-17-2008 03:00 AM

Petition: JapanForum ShoutBox

Hello all, I have been a member for this site quiet some time and I have always wanted to see a little more interactivity from this site (⌒▽⌒)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

If at all possible with some consideration can we please include a mini chat box for the site? I believe it will help connect us more as a site. Sometimes, people just want to shoot their ideas with other members and a small shout box seems that it would do its justice. ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ ワーイワー ワーイ♪

It can be located on the front of the page or where ever the desired location, but I truly believe a small chat box would be a great addition to an even greater site ^_^

If not, Let all hell break loose!

ヘ( ・_・)ノ−−===*~●☆●~*===−−ヾ(・_・ )o 爆弾返し!!

Maybe if you could visit a site like ShoutMix - Free shoutbox/tagboard chat widget! that would be helpful

XjapanFOREVER 11-17-2008 03:33 AM

I second the motion!

ThirdSight 11-17-2008 03:37 AM

Third...ded.

I think it's be a cool idea, maybe get some of the more random posts out of the way.

Plus it'd give DMX a space to post without spamming the message boards themselves.

Yuna7780 11-17-2008 03:39 AM

I love shout boxes! I think it'd be a fun idea to make for JF. I just love making the random quick topics; and it's a good way to create a tiny topic to ask simple questions without making a thread.

kenmei 11-17-2008 03:41 AM

good idea, that or a simple chat room thing for online users would be cool

NightMikado 11-17-2008 04:08 AM

i fourth the motion lol

Correct me if im wrong but is this a vBulletin setup?? Just wondering in the case of setting up the chat.

BakaCrisis 11-17-2008 04:18 AM

Yea, I was wondering if this was a vBulletin as well. Oh well. I just know that a quick chat box can be proven useful for when we are too busy/tired to click "New topic" - "Reply" - "Post Quick Reply" Every single post, sometimes having rapid conversations helps.

MMM 11-17-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BakaCrisis (Post 628723)
Yea, I was wondering if this was a vBulletin as well. Oh well. I just know that a quick chat box can be proven useful for when we are too busy/tired to click "New topic" - "Reply" - "Post Quick Reply" Every single post, sometimes having rapid conversations helps.

I get nervous when I hear about "random quick topics". If you are too busy or too tired to do something, why are you on Japan Forum? Finish your work or go to bed.

BakaCrisis 11-17-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 628725)
I get nervous when I hear about "random quick topics". If you are too busy or too tired to do something, why are you on Japan Forum? Finish your work or go to bed.

Its not as if those "Quick topics" aren't important, it just belongs in a more appropriate place. As long as it is Japanese related it belongs in JAPAN Forum, Am I right?

MMM 11-17-2008 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BakaCrisis (Post 628729)
Its not as if those "Quick topics" aren't important, it just belongs in a more appropriate place. As long as it is Japanese related it belongs in JAPAN Forum, Am I right?

I would LOVE for there to be more Japan-related topics. Part of the problem I see now days is 80% of the people post in General Discussion on non-Japan related stuff. I wonder why that is.