JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
But Punk is already burried, Punk bands are almost inexistent and almost every Punk band out there is old, its rare to find a new punk band and does you can are usually s..., now Metal, metal is still alive and kickin' ass, of course quality as dropped a bit, but there are still some good bands out there, and everyday there are more and more Metal bands.
From my point of view, metal has historically been better than punk... and even if the quality of music (only new bands... the old ones still kick ass) drops down it will still be ahead of punk. Punk bands nowadays have changed the style compared to the predecessors, idk why, it's more like pop-punk, but they're still called punk xP.

Alternative still pwns IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunda View Post
I like the word
I should write that in UrbanDictionary
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-17-2008, 05:53 AM

Yeah i will put some bands up .

Black Unicorn - Black Viking Metal, Blodkarsk - Black/Viking Metal, Bloodaxe - Raw Viking/Black Metal, Drakkar Snekkja - Pagan Black Viking Metal , Eye of Odin - Viking Death Metal/RAC, Vanaheim - Viking Metal , Valkyre - Melodic/Gothic Metal with folk,Tronus Abyss - Medieval Black/Folk Metal - Industrial Black Metal, The Vala - Melodic Death/Viking Metal, Thunderkraft - Folk/Industrial/Deathcore, Ad Mortis Nostrae - Power Metal/viking metal ,Battlelore- Power Viking,Ancient Light - Viking Black Metal, Ancient Malus - Melodic Black/Viking Metal,unleashed/Death /viking.

Theres some bands i have heard on the sirius Metal channel on dish network Satellite.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-17-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Also, I think metal's quality was a lot better before. For the same reason.
Preposterous. It seems you've never heard of DragonForce.

"Don't close your eyes tonight, For the lights beyond still shine towards a brighter da~~~~y!"

You should take that to heart, a good life lesson.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
But Punk is already burried, Punk bands are almost inexistent and almost every Punk band out there is old, its rare to find a new punk band and does you can are usually s..., now Metal, metal is still alive and kickin' ass, of course quality as dropped a bit, but there are still some good bands out there, and everyday there are more and more Metal bands.
The Punk philosophy is really dead,but there is still a few excellent Punk Rock bands out there,like The Offspring,Anti-Flag and Bad Religion.

IPhantom:I don't think the quality of metal had dropped.It is actually the only musical genre that is always developing,at least on my opinion.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
The Punk philosophy is really dead,but there is still a few excellent Punk Rock bands out there,like The Offspring,Anti-Flag and Bad Religion.

IPhantom:I don't think the quality of metal had dropped.It is actually the only musical genre that is always developing,at least on my opinion.
The band you mentioned are old ones, you see nobody can find good new ones .

Oh and about metal, it's my opinion as well, I prefer the old stuff.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
The band you mentioned are old ones, you see nobody can find good new ones .

Oh and about metal, it's my opinion as well, I prefer the old stuff.
Ah yes that is true.Probably because everyone wants to play Emo now.U_U.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-17-2008, 02:51 PM

Hmmm... I'm a fan of some new bands and some old bands. I do think what's classed as 'rock' has gone majorly downhill, and anyone who classes Fall Out Boy, Paramore and Panic! At the Disco as rock [or anything other than sh**] needs to be KICKED IN THE FACE.

Erm, apart from that I like a bands that nobody has really heard of. I've been to a lot of small-time gigs where I discover bands I like. I no longer buy Kerrang! magazine because it's now poo, anyone living in the UK buying this will know what I mean. Oh and some punk stuff is okay, I like Horrorpops. I usually like bands with female singers and punk isn't so good for that [and I HATE Distillers].
(#108 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

12-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
Ah yes that is true.Probably because everyone wants to play Emo now.U_U.
Yeah with 95% being just posing.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Hmmm... I'm a fan of some new bands and some old bands. I do think what's classed as 'rock' has gone majorly downhill, and anyone who classes Fall Out Boy, Paramore and Panic! At the Disco as rock [or anything other than sh**] needs to be KICKED IN THE FACE.

Erm, apart from that I like a bands that nobody has really heard of. I've been to a lot of small-time gigs where I discover bands I like. I no longer buy Kerrang! magazine because it's now poo, anyone living in the UK buying this will know what I mean. Oh and some punk stuff is okay, I like Horrorpops. I usually like bands with female singers and punk isn't so good for that [and I HATE Distillers].
I totally agree with you.

And yes dig up the underground,there is always better things there.

PS: I hate The Distillers too.^^.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
12-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Oh and some punk stuff is okay, I like Horrorpops. I usually like bands with female singers and punk isn't so good for that [and I HATE Distillers].
L7 were pretty cool and they were a female punk band.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51