JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

My Store - 12-12-2008, 12:00 AM

hey everyone. a while back i made a post about opening an anime store. i did and its going good. i thought it wouldnt do good because people can get their anime free over the internet and such but i have sold quite alot. but i wanted to ask a question. What should i sell next? Currently i sell manga anime DVD's, replicas, among a few, but i also sell instruments ( whenever i find them), Games (some are imports), magazines, and clothes. i wanted to get some suggestions from others with an interest in stores like mine. because i know sometimes someone will go into a store and they wont find what they are looking for and that really sucks, and i want to try not to be one of those stores.

a few things i plan on putting in my store are Wallscrolls, wallpaper, how to japanese books, CD's, school and art supplies, such as Deleter Screentones and manga paper, ink, pens, notebooks,etc. but i was also thinking of getting original japanese manga, but idk if they would sell. so can anyone give me any suggestions to help my store grow?

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
12-12-2008, 03:04 PM

I suggest you get, if you don't already have, some gashappons, because they are cheap and just to spend does left-over dollars people may buy then and collections are always good to make money.
Jewelery (Necklaces, rings, etc...), key chains and straps are usually a good idea. Model Kits because Gundam and Mecha fans are everywhere. Cosplay articles may sell, since many people do cosplay and have a big interest in this type of things. Japanese candy are also a good idea, because people will buy it, just to try. And manga in japanese can have its benefits, since it is cheaper then translanted it may attract people.
Good luck with your business.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-12-2008, 03:18 PM

video games? reasonable prices?

Dear Ebay, I REFUSE to pay $75 for Tatsunoko VS Capcom..

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-13-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
video games? reasonable prices?

Dear Ebay, I REFUSE to pay $75 for Tatsunoko VS Capcom..
lawl, i know what you mean. the Initial D game i bought cost me $60. the games that i do have i sell from 30 - 40 dollars.

Crani

i was thinkin about buying Lolita outfits too since some people dress like that where i live. im also buying ALOT of snacks like calorie mate, gum, drinks, etc. but thats a good idea about jewelry. i havent even thought of that.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
edopeno (Offline)
New to JF

12-13-2008, 01:37 AM

If you are willing to venture out, what about designer toys such as KidRobot and Strangeco? The wholesale price is decent, and could turn a considerable profit when selling retail. its all about volume, and those little guys should do it. But if you do buy them, start off with small quantities.

But if you want to stray away from that - another suggestion would be gadgets and gizmos straight from Nihon. Or, maybe Gundam or Evangelion models if you don't have them already (in turn - you could sell supplies to modify the models *nudge nudge)

But with all of these, i guess you should test it out first. I don't know your target demographic, but these items tend to do well if people are buying the products you described. And if its flying off the shelves, or even just selling well, the above should too.

Last edited by edopeno : 12-13-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: needed to add a word
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-13-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edopeno View Post
If you are willing to venture out, what about designer toys such as KidRobot and Strangeco? The wholesale price is decent, and could turn a considerable profit when selling retail. its all about volume, and those little guys should do it. But if you do buy them, start off with small quantities.

But if you want to stray away from that - another suggestion would be gadgets and gizmos straight from Nihon. Or, maybe Gundam or Evangelion models if you don't have them already (in turn - you could sell supplies to modify the models *nudge nudge)

But with all of these, i guess you should test it out first. I don't know your target demographic, but these items tend to do well if people are buying the products you described. And if its flying off the shelves, or even just selling well, the above should too.
what my main focus is selling to japan lovers. items like anime manga japanese dramas, Cd's, figures, toys, wallpaprers and such. im interested in your mentioning of kidrobot. could you tell me more about it?