JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   World Financial Crises Affecting you? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/21653-world-financial-crises-affecting-you.html)

noodle 12-16-2008 06:24 PM

Being 18 doesn't make you more expensive, lol..! You're talking about the difference between 16, 17 and 18. That's pennies for most companies...

What I meant was, you'll find that a lot of companies are laying off people that have been with them for many years. These people cost a lot, and are easily replaced by people who will get basic starting salaries...

Gamesation was in mainly Croydon, outskirts of London.

During the summer, I generally work in the City (central London). This summer, I worked near London Bridge for Lloyds Register. I worked in the IT department.

As for the other stuff, it's in France... Outskirts of Paris...

oh and btw, 20 failures isn't that bad... some of my friends apply to about 60 jobs to be able to get one or two interviews... You even sometimes have to apply more than once. Especially in retail. They're terrible with paper CV's and application forms. Most of them won't even get a proper look!

xYinniex 12-16-2008 06:26 PM

Hm, usually My friends like hand out their cvs for the christmas temp job, get to know the people and the management really well and are asked to stay.

I've never had a proper job. *hides*
I worked for my parents XD

MissMisa 12-16-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 646080)
Being 18 doesn't make you more expensive, lol..! You're talking about the difference between 16, 17 and 18. That's pennies for most companies...

What I meant was, you'll find that a lot of companies are laying off people that have been with them for many years. These people cost a lot, and are easily replaced by people who will get basic starting salaries...

Gamesation was in Croydon, outskirts of London.

During the summer, I generally work in the City (central London). This summer, I worked near London Bridge for Lloyds Register. I worked in the IT department.

As for the other stuff, it's in France... Outskirts of Paris...

Well that probably explains it then... I don't want to disclose exactly where I live [obviously] but if I told you, you'd probably understand. I'd be better looking for a job outside of this city, but it'd be so hard to get there and travel costs a bomb now :/

Anyway, I'm not trying to make excuses xD There are jobs going at McDonalds but the hours go on too late into the nightl xD

Kai13 12-16-2008 06:28 PM

If affects my mother's business, and me, aftwerwards.

Keaton421 12-16-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slykaz1 (Post 646018)
My cat's job is carpentry....

"I built dis with my own two paws"

Can't say it's hurting me. Government jobs always pay well

noodle 12-16-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 646083)
Anyway, I'm not trying to make excuses xD There are jobs going at McDonalds but the hours go on too late into the nightl xD

haha... I got refused a job at McDonalds a couple of years ago!! It was so weird!!:o

Blac 12-16-2008 06:31 PM

its probably the opposite for us.
My dad is a cargo ship captain he earns dollar and my country's currency is going down from $1 is P40 to almost P50 thats like 20% increase

min wage is around 1 dollar an hour
almost every necessity is cheap

Acidreptile 12-16-2008 08:02 PM

Not affecting me too much at the moment,but I think it will soon.

MissMisa 12-16-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 646087)
haha... I got refused a job at McDonalds a couple of years ago!! It was so weird!!:o

:O Omg! That's shocking xD *shakes fist at McDonalds!*

tocrayzay 12-16-2008 09:46 PM

right now i don't work however i do have some stocks and well yeah there's not much there anymore, but since it was money i wasn't planning on touching anytime soon anyway its not to much of a big deal, my grandparents are affected quite a bit since they invested in many things, but they stuck to the golden rule never invest what you can't afford to loose, but it still sucks.