JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Is the financial crises affecting you?
Nope its good to be filithy rich 10 14.49%
Thing a little tight but I manage just fine 38 55.07%
Really hurting 13 18.84%
Lost my job 4 5.80%
Time to rob a bank 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
World Financial Crises Affecting you? - 12-16-2008, 03:22 PM

So there have been multiple threads on the state of the economy world wide and many other financial discussions. So im wondering is the financial crises affecting you? If so how? What are you doing to get by? and/or any other relevant information about the topic. Also, state what country you live in since we have such a diverse group here .

Lets try to have a discussion and not the usual BS please.

Last edited by Sinestra : 12-16-2008 at 03:24 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-16-2008, 03:41 PM

Basically, no. I'm a student, and I currently don't have a job. My parents are quite well off and neither of them have jobs that are really under threat at the moment. I have a lot of savings too, and I don't yet own any property.

My only financial worry is how I will pay for university. I am not entitled to any bursarys or grants so by the end I will be in potentially £20,000 worth of debt. Each year at university is around £3500, So that's approx £10,000. Then for the course I'm doing I need a macbook, around £1500, software could even total as much as £4000 and then there is everything else, art materials, travel etc. I have no idea how the credit crisis will effect student loans but they are pretty secure.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Blackhauck (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Blackhauck
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Woot for being a high school student with no job. (its not affecting me)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-16-2008, 04:35 PM

Since both of my main jobs depend on, or are connected to advertisement industry, things have been on a downhill slope lately... but i'll manage...

What our politicians are doing, however, might, and most probably will, have a far more drastic impact on both my future and the future of my fellow-countryman... heck they have been increasing most of the taxes in the latest few months and plan to double some in the beginning of the next year... not to mention a bunch of other s**t they have done and are doing now... i can feel the bloody smell of revolution in the air >_<

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
12-16-2008, 04:39 PM

Thing a little tight but I manage just fine

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
12-16-2008, 04:41 PM

My cat's job is carpentry....making cabinets. If there is no construction of homes or business there are no orders for cabinets. And if there is no orders then there isn't much cabinet makers can do....but cut hours and lay off people. to his luck he only got hours cut.....

but now I have to get a job....ugh...stupid economy.

Oh and jobs aren't as easy to find as people claim they are. Just cuz I'm latina they think secondly about hiring me....with that illegal thing going on in our state....it makes it harder to find a job period.

I live in the U.S.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#7 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-16-2008, 04:48 PM

Everything is peachy with me... I'm a student, I work during the holidays, and I spend just over 5000euros a year (food, rent, health expenses) for a pretty comfortable life. I have savings in a few different countries, so for the next 2 or 3 years, I will not feel the effect of this Crisis, unless it gets to the point where the worlds main currencies (Euro, British Pounds and Chinese Yuan) become totally worthless. I somehow don't see that happening... The pound has become pretty crap, but for me I feel a stronger buying power with the Euro and Yuan... Things are cheapers for some reason!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

12-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Well I'm just starting up in the world, I still live at home, (but I pay rent and food) and I make about $828 a month. But lt me put it to you this way,

I have a $450 Christmas bonus and I had to pay $600 taxes on that bonus so I end up only making about $628 this month. I might get that back come tax time. I can see how this is affecting people. And I hope this new administration can give the economy the swift kick in the rear it needs.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#9 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Asakura, if you don't mind me asking, are you working full time? and what is your job?... if it's too personal, don't answer!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

12-16-2008, 05:09 PM

I work full time as a night stocker for the most evil, demoralizing, American conglomerate the world has ever known. I bet you can guess who it is. I'll give you a hint Minimum wage, Lousy benefits, and no overtime.

(I'm looking for a new job)

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria