JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   The Order of Nippon (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/22068-order-nippon.html)

MutsuYakumo 01-01-2009 07:53 PM

The Order of Nippon

Happy New Year everyone! I am MutsuYakumo, and I would like to publicly invite you to a group called The Order of Nippon. TON is not a clan; it’s a group that targets mature people who have a genuine interest in Japan. We want to promote intellectual discussions of Japanese culture, customs, and general interests while limiting American mainstream media. We promote membership thread support so members' topics of interests won’t be ignored, or cased aside, we have a once a month movie club, and tons of other fun ideas that will help members learn more about, and stay interested in Japan. Our hopes are that The Order of Nippon will ultimately raise the standard for Japan Forum, and enlighten people who are interested in Japan. Everyone’s welcome just post who, what, and why and we will PM you with more information. Or if you have any questions post them, and we'll try to get them answered A.S.A.P.

Who you are
What your interests are
Why you would like to join TON

Keaton421 01-01-2009 07:56 PM

This is going to be the place where I can be a friendly, nice guy, so if you like the idea of that and real Japan, stick around.

Otaku need not apply - you know who you are :)

Almazing1000 01-01-2009 08:11 PM

My name is Al
I'm interested in Japanese women,Japanese Football League, and, a bunch of other stuff.
Well I would like to join the group because I was in it a long time ago, and I hope that I can all share the valuable information that I have accumulated over the years with people who are interested in learning more about Nippon.
Plus the movies were the shyt!:D

Keaton421 01-01-2009 08:16 PM

Name's Keaton, allegedly

Interests are wine, wisdom, women and wealth

Joined because it's the place for me - I just felt that click, you know? Har har har. Got a Japanese girlfriend moving to be with me in 7 months, I like being able to talk with her in her native tongue, and I'm a big fan of Samurai movies and traditional Japanese things.

MMM 01-01-2009 09:08 PM

MMM

Freelance translator

Japanese media reviewer

Aniki 01-01-2009 09:41 PM

Can anyone explain me the benefits of being a member of this group?

forgotenmemory 01-01-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 655872)
Name's Keaton, allegedly

Interests are wine, wisdom, women and wealth

Joined because it's the place for me - I just felt that click, you know? Har har har. Got a Japanese girlfriend moving to be with me in 7 months, I like being able to talk with her in her native tongue, and I'm a big fan of Samurai movies and traditional Japanese things.

The three W's. Lol, Bush likes it. W!

Ronin4hire 01-01-2009 11:08 PM

Name- Mark

Interests- People, Cultures, Politics, Religion, Movies, Games (Role-playing and Strategy), Martial Arts.

Group sounds interesting. Something that will promote better understanding and that I can learn from is always a good thing so count me in :D

Keaton421 01-01-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniki (Post 655912)
Can anyone explain me the benefits of being a member of this group?

Basically to provide a venue to discuss things higher than "Kyo vs. Reita". This can be our miniature Japan forum, and you'll have unlimited access to our lovely movie club. We'll do what we can to promote understanding and appreciation of Japanese culture

Also, ROCK LOBSTER?!

Lucas89 01-01-2009 11:18 PM

Name: Jake
Interested in Surfing, Web Development, Movies .... etc.
This
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 655997)
Basically to provide a venue to discuss things higher than "Kyo vs. Reita".